Hurricane Divers Unite! - The official September list

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, it's impossible to predict that this thing will become a hurricane, and it's impossible to predict where it might hit if it does develop.

On the otherhand, since it's so easy to purchase last minute in September (hotels, air, boat, etc.) I purposely plan a trip in September and wait until the last minute to make sure I have no hurricane risk.

It's impossible to say that this storm presents no risk... in fact as Gordon points out, this is pretty similar (at this point) to what every major storm to hit Cozumel looked like at one point (and a bunch of major storms not to hit Cozumel).

Thus, in my original post, I was only saying that going next week is "less than perfect timing" with the way things stand today.

I'm actually more worried about how to prepare my place in Miami since I'll be away (as it could equally develop and hit here vs. Coz... and even lesser storms cause some leaking in my nearly 80 year-old island place) than changing my travel plan, risky as that is.

leo: I already apologized for being optimistic and giving any predictions in relation to your original post. I don't know what else to say but I got you point. Good luck with your plans and travel.

driftin, no problem, I didn't direct my reply to you :)

Since it's after noon (central time), today is already in the sack. Four more days for me!!! :D

sept%20coz.JPG

scubaag03 8/31 - 9/3: Park Royal/?
Nevis Diver 8/31 - 9/6; Casa Mexicana/Blue XT Sea
jakes78 9/1 - 9/8; Bahia/Blue XT Sea
leo 9/2 - 9/8; Reef Club/?
tiggy 9/2 - 9/9; Caribe Blu/Blue Angel
kalidor's8 9/2 - 9/9; Park Royal/Eagleray
Memphis Diver 9/4 - 9/12; Caribe Blu/BlueXTSea
bcaderunr & son 9/8 - 9/15; Caribe Blu/Blue Angel
chrisp & wife 9/8 - 9/15; Casa Mexicana/Aldora
Martini & ReservoirMike 9/9 - 9/15; Casa Mexicana/BlueXTSea
Josh, Lisa and Maya (toddler) 9/15 - 9/22; Fiesta Americana/Blue Angel
Doggie77 9/15 - 9/22; Hotel Barracuda
DiverDonn 9/21 - 9/29; Casa Mexicana
opalobsidian 9/26 - 10/3; ???
Hawkeye Mark 9/29; Cruise Ship/Blue Angel
DocIndyDiver 9/29 - 10/06; ???
Colorado Mermaid ???

Just signed on for Cozumel today...9/14-9/18 @ Caribe Blu and diving with Christi/Blue XT Sea.

Jane and I are just back from Belize, right after Dean, and during Felix's approach and after.
Whew! Glad it took a left turn. Very sad for Nicaragua.
We were Melia refugees in '05 on COZ.
Have fun ya all!
Craig-

Back
Top Bottom