HP crown o-ring spec for USD Conshelf 12-14-21?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fibonacci

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just wondering if anyone has the correct specification for the HP seat stem o-ring that sits inside the crown in front of the (revised) dished backup washer? -005 or -006 90 DURO?
Part numbers:
Conshelf 14/21
#13 820080P O-ring
SEA 4
#17 8200-06 O-ring
Conshelf HP crown and seal.PNG

SEA 4 HP crown and seal.PNG

That's the Spring Block / Balance Chamber O-Ring. It's a 006 in 90 duro.

There isn't a crown o-ring in a Conshelf 12-14.

The crown is 13 in your SEA schematic, with 14 as the crown o-ring. Some 21s have removable crowns.

You must have an older SEA schematic. The newer ones used 820080 as the part number too.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, I'd always heard part #13 referred to as the removable orifice.
So what size is o-ring #14?

That's p/n 820038. It's a metric o-ring. 7.2mm (ID) x 1.9mm (CS). EPDM 80 duro.
Sometimes referred to as 5-584.

O-ring #21 in your schematic is also metric. 11mm (ID) x 2mm (CS). 80 duro

All the internal o-rings across the Aqualung diaphragm regulators are the same spec.

My SEA schematics (2000/2006/2008) all call 13 the crown.

But 2000 calls 19 the Spring Block and the later ones call it a Balance Chamber.

Attachments

• Cousteau SUPRA SEA 1stg rev6_00.pdf
    254.4 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:
That's p/n 820038. It's a metric o-ring. 7.2mm (ID) x 1.9mm (CS). EPDM 80 duro.
Sometimes referred to as 5-584.
O-ring #21 in your schematic is also metric. 11mm (ID) x 2mm (CS). 80 duro
All the internal o-rings across the Aqualung diaphragm regulators are the same spec.
Thanks again for your help.
Given its heritage, not surprising Aqualung uses Metric o-rings as does La Spirotechnique Royal Mistral vs US Divers Mistral. However they primarily used the French R Standard... which predates ISO.
That 5-584 or AS568 -006 is also an R6
In the Spiro Royal Mistral the HP pin o-ring is a R1 (ID 2.6 x 1.9) but the same o-ring in a USD Mistral is -006 (ID 2.9 x 1.78)... very difficult to find R1's in anything other than 70 DURO, so I just used a -006 90 DURO, works fine!
French R series 0-rings.jpg

I've found this o-ring 'Rosetta Stone' pretty useful when trying to repair vintage dive gear and pneumatic spearguns:
https://www.darcoid.com/userfiles/kcfinder/files/european equivalent o-ring sizes.pdf

Yep I do have 4 left now but need to restock... and just out of general interest!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom