Apollo AG-90 SPG o-ring and battery specs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fibonacci

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Part of a recent bundle of vintage SCUBA treasures included an Apollo AG-90 SPG in very good condition apart from the usual minor corrosion where the spool seats from worn -003 o-rings (why don't divers ever bother servicing them??).

This is a high quality unit about 20 years old which, interestingly, was designed to be serviced!

There is a low pressure LED which is powered by a disc type battery but there was no dead battery inside and annoyingly no type specs listed inside the port or moulded into the cap!
Perhaps they meant it was designed to be serviced by the dealer :wink:

The lens spins off easily and as the casing is identical to the current Apollo AG-7 both the lens and o-ring (#1 and #2) are listed in the Australian dealer's website. So far so good... but the dealer advised other parts for the AG-90 have been out of stock for 20 years and NLA!

Because I had to remove the junction block to treat verdigris from the minor flood, I want to replace the o-rings (#10, 11, 12 and battery port 20)

A long shot I know but does anyone know the correct o-ring sizes?

Update: the current NRX Biogauge is the replacement for the AG-90, and as the case sizes haven't changed on a hunch I checked the exploded view which lists a Lithium CR1632 3V battery... will give it a try!

Apollo AG-90 gauge front.jpg
Apollo AG-90 gauge rear.jpg

Attachments

• Apollo AG-90 gauge exploded view small.jpg
    Apollo AG-90 gauge exploded view small.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 104
  • Apollo NRX biogauge battery change.PNG
    Apollo NRX biogauge battery change.PNG
    361.8 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back