AquaLung Legend LX 1st and 2nd Stage Service Parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheWarmerTheBetter

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Here are parts and o-ring sizes you can use instead of an AquaLung service kit (since the dealers won't sell them to you even if you're certified)

This does assume that you already know how to service the Legend and just can't get parts kits.

First Stage:
HP Seat: Trident A244
Diaphragm: Trident A163

O-rings are listed as: AL Part # / O-ring size. I used 70 duro for everything, haven't had any issues. I found the easiest place to get all the o-rings in one place is actually Amazon (especially because of the 001-1/2 o-rings). The backup rings I could only find in 90 duro and that seems to match the factory ones based on feel. Also got them on Amazon.

824407P / 013
119129 / 005 Backup Ring
820080P / 006
820038P / 011
820011P / 011
820009P / 009

The only thing I can't find for the second stage is the ACD filter. If anyone knows who makes them please share! I run mine through the ultrasonic cleaner and reuse the filter. No issues so far.

Second Stage:

LP Seat: Trident A148

O-Rings listed as AL Part # / O-ring size

820015P / 015
820010P / 010
AP1438P / 019
AP2041P / 001-1/2 (this size is not a typo, it's just a strange size)
820306 / 006
820014P / 014
820011P / 011

For the Legend Octo, see my post about the AquaLung Core 2nd stage. They're the same.

Last edited:
Here are parts and o-ring sizes you can use instead of an AquaLung service kit (since the dealers won't sell them to you even if you're certified)

This does assume that you already know how to service the Mikron and just can't get parts kits.

First Stage:
HP Seat: Trident A244
Diaphragm: Trident A163
Filter: Trident Makes one that should work but I haven't actually tried it out yet.

O-rings are listed as: AL Part # / O-ring size. I used 70 duro for everything, haven't had any issues. I found the easiest place to get all the o-rings in one place is actually Amazon (especially because of the 001-1/2 o-rings). The backup rings I could only find in 90 duro and that seems to match the factory ones based on feel. Also got them on Amazon.

820038P / 011
820080P / 006
119129 / 005 Backup Ring
824407P / 013
820011P / 011

Second Stage:

LP Seat: Trident A148

O-Rings listed as AL Part # / O-ring size

820015P / 015
820010P / 010
AP2041P / 001-1/2 (note the odd size)
820007P / 007
820013P / 013
820018P / 018
820011P / 011

Last edited:
That doesn't help you probably too much, but TUSA uses the same filter in some of their 1sts.
Later that year when I'm in Europe I could send you a couple of filters if interested. Write me a PM.......

I figured I would add to my previous post and list which o-ring size is used in which locations. That way if you don't have access to aqualung part numbers this can still help you. I know that different manufacturers give the same parts different names so I've given the names I would use (or that the aqualung catalog uses) and, in cases where I've heard other names, included a brief description so you can figure out what it is if you're used to a different name.

O-Ring size / Uses

First Stage:

011 / High pressure crown (what the high pressure seat presses against), Interior of ACD crown (the circular part that actually presses against the tank o-ring when hooked up), Around brass filter, Low pressure port plugs/hoses
012 / High pressure port plugs/hoses
006 / Inside of balance chamber (AFTER you put in the backup ring)
005 Backup Ring / Inside of balance chamber (BEFORE you put in the o-ring)
013 / Outside of balance chamber
009 / Outside of ACD stem (the part in the middle of the ACD that doesn't move when you hook up a tank)

Second Stage:

015 / Valve body (side opposite hose connection), Valve body (side where the hose connection is)
010 / Crown (the metal part that screws into the hose side of the valve body), Swivel at end of regulator hose
019 / Outside of Venturi lever
001-1/2 (note odd size) / End of shuttle valve (the plastic part that moves when you breath)
011 / Outside of adjustment screw

Last thing I want to add: The one thing I've found is that with the o-rings mentioned above is that the o-ring on the outside of the balance chamber takes two tries to seal. What I've found works is to lube the o-ring and put it around the balance chamber. Then assemble the regulator. When you hook it up to a tank and turn on the air you get a small leak around the balance chamber on the bottom of the reg. Turn off the air, bleed it out, and then loosen the balance chamber out until you can see the o-ring. You don't have to take it all the way out. If you take it all the way out you might drop the pin connecting the diaphragm to the HP seat. Then just tighten it back up and it should be good to go. I've had this issue happen consistently every time, and this has fixed it every time.

Last edited:
Super thank you for a great post.

Two questions:
* Do you know how one aquires Trident products? I understand that Trident themselves don't sell B2C.
* Have anyone come back to you regarding the ACD filter and a way to get it?

Cheers,
Erik

Hi, I'm looking for the size of the tool 129001 for adjusting the 2nd stage seat on Legend /LX.
The tool pushes down the lever to two pre-set hights. When one side is used there should be no leakage, when the other side of the tool is used there should be leakage.
You then adjust the seat for those two conditions to be fulfilled.
I would love to have the measurements of those two blocks pressing down the lever under the casing rim.

Hi, I'm looking for the size of the tool 129001 for adjusting the 2nd stage seat on Legend /LX.
The tool pushes down the lever to two pre-set hights. When one side is used there should be no leakage, when the other side of the tool is used there should be leakage.
I would love to have the measurements of those two blocks pressing down the lever under the casing rim.

Great thread Warmer.....

Eskilj, contact Herman https://www.scubaboard.com/community/conversations/add?to=herman

who makes tools for scuba equipment service and repair. If he does not have the tool, he'll know where to get one or advise you of a workaround.

I can possibly help in getting the tool. Message me if you like, but do try Herman first I've bought tools off him, they are cheap and very well made.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom