How'd I miss this forum.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

charlieo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, there are others that dive locally in the Denver area. I generally don't tell anyone that I do. But since the rest of you don't care about your reputation, I don't care about mine either, please count me in.
This forum has been active for what, two years! I must have been living in a cave. (pun intended).
How do I dive? Vis bad, water cold, dark, who cares, let's dive anyway.
Kingfisher is a favorite of mine, so whatever you got, has got to be a step up.

Maybe that could be the new Denver Dive Club Motto..

"Welcome to the suck"

Seriously tho, welcome to the board. Lotsa very smart and experienced divers... then there's the rest of us.

D.

I've been lurking on SB for quite some time and just recently discovered you guys. Duh! I must also admit that I spend way too much time in Kingfisher and the Blue Hole. So Charlio, you're not the only one! Count me in too!

PF

Actually, there are quite a few of us up and down the Front Range. Not a whole lot of local diving though.

Welcome!

We had a good get-together last summer at Aurora. We had a bar-b-que and got to meet fellow SB divers. I am planning on going to Blue Hole Dec. 10 - 11. I hope to meet some of you there.

charlieo:
So, there are others that dive locally in the Denver area. I generally don't tell anyone that I do. But since the rest of you don't care about your reputation, I don't care about mine either, please count me in.
This forum has been active for what, two years! I must have been living in a cave. (pun intended).
How do I dive? Vis bad, water cold, dark, who cares, let's dive anyway.
Kingfisher is a favorite of mine, so whatever you got, has got to be a step up.

Never heard of it, other than the bird...

RonFrank:
Never heard of it, other than the bird...
I can help you Ron. Kingfisher pond is a gravel pit on the south side of Chatfield State Park. It is used a lot for certification dives and for some of us it's home diving. Depth is 22ft, vis is terrible on a good day, but it is accessable. I'll be going sometime in December, if not this weekend, let me know if you're interested.

I'm pretty tired of the two inch vis of Aurora. If Kingfisher isn't any better, I don't think I really want to go there. Are we allowed to dive in the main part of Chatfield? The vis has to be better with so much more water there, doesn't it?

I was told by a little bird that there are some good lakes higher up with better vis. I really need to get a drysuit. Grr.

Wijbrandus:
I'm pretty tired of the two inch vis of Aurora. If Kingfisher isn't any better, I don't think I really want to go there. Are we allowed to dive in the main part of Chatfield? The vis has to be better with so much more water there, doesn't it?

I was told by a little bird that there are some good lakes higher up with better vis. I really need to get a drysuit. Grr.

Aurora Vis in the Spring is not all that bad. Dan and I have had 10'+ days there. Unfortunately the alge blooms ruin what little vis there is as the summer goes on.

Chatfield (I did NOT know it was named KingFisher) from everyone I've talked to has worst vis.

I hear that Jefferson in the spring has very good vis... 40+ feet. Yeah, you gotta dive it dry unless you can handle 40F water wet.

We are heading down to the hole this weekend, should be fun. While it ain't no reef dive, at least the water temps are a constant 62F, and the vis can be 80feet :D

The vis at Chatfield is 2-10 ft generally on the lower end unless the water is cold. Jefferson and Turquoise Lakes have 30+ vis but are cold. I have heard that Wellington Lake near Bailey has fair to good vis.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom