How you do carry your undergarments?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well so it sort of happens like this

full

Where to today dude, and then I hang my plate on one shoulder and some fins
on another shoulder and then a tank on another shoulder and off I go to the boat

017.JPG

Right so back to the car and I hang regs on one shoulder and tank on another one

019.JPG

then when I have assembled all my gear I go hide behind a bush until boat leaving time

with my two milk crates in my pocket

028.JPG

But it won't be until I move back down south that I crack open any stinkin drysuit again

I don't understand 1/2 of what you asked? What about a leaky suit? What is a "steam" out to the site? Does that mean it's hot? Loading in the wet? Honest questions, I really don't know.

I do put my normal clothes inside the boat when diving.... in a "dry" crate:D, and I do have a drysuit bag... so I guess that's one thing not in a crate.

Different strokes for different folks in different parts of the world I guess? I've taken the crates to the St. Lawrence, New Jersey, North Carolina, all on boats, never had an issue. Obviously the warmer the water, the less you need.

Not my pictures (courtesy of Gypsy Blood's FB page), but I'm just saying it's pretty common; I honestly don't know of anyone who doesn't use a crate.

255511490_10158367623341254_6765483402898824283_n.jpg

255102669_10158367608286254_2909576921793215777_n.jpg

245927922_10158323179446254_469315233046765811_n.jpg
No one on Gypsy Blood will have their drysuit in a crate. Drysuiy in soft bags down below, 1 crate for gear under bench in your spot. Been this way in NJ forever.

Me, I found a sort of rubberized rigging bag on a jobsite and gave her a good scrub. Throw drysuit in there, gloves, hood, undies and a towel. Toss or all back when done, not super organized but it all needs hung up and dry anyway.

No one on Gypsy Blood will have their drysuit in a crate. Drysuiy in soft bags down below, 1 crate for gear under bench in your spot. Been this way in NJ forever.

Me, I found a sort of rubberized rigging bag on a jobsite and gave her a good scrub. Throw drysuit in there, gloves, hood, undies and a towel. Toss or all back when done, not super organized but it all needs hung up and dry anyway.
Try reading it again, I said drysuit in a bag, not in a crate.

Listen, idc how everyone else dives. I'm all for dive and let dive, lol. Use a crate, use a bag, use a duffel bag, use a mesh bag...idc. I've never once stopped someone and said "you're doing it wrong".

I'm not a veteran NJ diver either, so I'm always still learning. Hell some of you guys have been diving longer than I've been alive. I ask questions, I look at setups.. I never want to stop learning.

OP asked how to store something... I said I use a crate:p:)

I don't find that a crate takes up a lot of space, they're stackable, easy to carry, fit under the seat on a boat, and let wet clothes air out instead of getting funky.

I googled it, they even make dry bags that fit in crates.

In my personal diving I wear the undergarments under my regular clothes when diving from a boat. In the morning I don them and the catheter and I'm pretty much ready to put my suit on before we ever leave the dock. If they're wet at the end, they go in a crate. It's all mostly colder water diving though.
Milk crates... That would be cool.... to the google.

Well so it sort of happens like this

full

Where to today dude, and then I hang my plate on one shoulder and some fins
on another shoulder and then a tank on another shoulder and off I go to the boat

View attachment 691545

Right so back to the car and I hang regs on one shoulder and tank on another one

View attachment 691546

then when I have assembled all my gear I go hide behind a bush until boat leaving time

with my two milk crates in my pocket

View attachment 691547

But it won't be until I move back down south that I crack open any stinkin drysuit again
^^^This is so much cleaner than anything I have going. I think I belong on "hoarders for dive equipment".

Don't worry about it man that photo's staged, here's how it normally looks

031.JPG

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

REI packing cubes for shore/cave diving. I have a large dry bag if it is going to be wet like on a boat.

I keep a mesh swim suit bag that they go into after a dive until I get to a place where I can air them out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom