How you do carry your undergarments?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
Having sold my Whites ninja suit and ordered a Santi Elite motived me to go through my undergarments. I used dry bags and separate the different levels for quick reference.

Will post pic as soon as I complete "new" final setup.

I'm interested in learning how others transport their undergarments to and from the dive site. That's what led me to this thread, but I'm afraid I don't understand what is being discussed here. @Ulfhedinn, are you saying that you separate your undergarments by weight or thickness and put an entire set of similar weight into individual dry bags so that you can just grab the bag containing the required thickness for the temperatures you're diving? (If so, that's pretty ingenious.)

My own needs aren't quite so elaborate. I'm just wondering how you transport your undergarments after the dive so they aren't a.) scattered around the car like the castoffs of some slovenly molting reptile, and b.) aren't shoved into the bag with the wet drysuit. (We're headed out for a cross country diving road trip and I need to keep our vehicle tidy while also protecting our gear.)

I'd love to hear more thoughts on this.

I use the DUI bag that came with my drysuit. Hated trying to stuff suit into it but it’s great for undies. Also holds spare seals and the like. For dirty/wet stuff after a diving day? Big IKEA blue shopping bag.

My XL Weezle squeezes into a bag not much bigger than a football.

weezle-extreme-undersuit-[3]-688-p-700x700.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Compressed_Weezle_Thumbnail_480x480.jpg

Old L.L. Bean boat-bag . . .

My dry suit and my undergarments all fit in the Halcyon/Santi duffel. I separate the layers with 5L and 10L drybags. The side pocket keeps the dive condoms, talc, replicable seal, etc.

My drysuit goes in its own thin canvas bag/changing mat (from Seaskin). My undies and all the related stuff (spare seals, dry glove kit, condom catheter kit, etc) go in a thin canvas duffel bag (also from Seaskin).

Undies bag gets stowed in a dry area if I'm on a boat. Drysuit bag goes wherever (potentially under my bench, on a boat).

I'm interested in learning how others transport their undergarments to and from the dive site. That's what led me to this thread, but I'm afraid I don't understand what is being discussed here. @Ulfhedinn, are you saying that you separate your undergarments by weight or thickness and put an entire set of similar weight into individual dry bags so that you can just grab the bag containing the required thickness for the temperatures you're diving? (If so, that's pretty ingenious.)

That's what I've been doing for some years now. It saves some time while packing and prevent from forgetting stuff. I got cheap dry bags on ebay, same model, different color according the garments sutffed inside. Besides, when you're changing outside on rainy day, it keeps your regular clothes dry and safe.

:wink:

I use one for wet stuff and one for dry stuff.

1637115144272.png

Has to be soft so it doesn't take up more room than it has to

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom