how to store your DV ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d2001d2001

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hi folks,
I have a good DV for my open sea diving. There is a cap to keep the water out the value. Should I put the cap on immediately after a dive or should I wipe and let it dry overnigh, then put the cap on?

any suggestions on how to store the DV?

is it worth gettting a seperate DV for swimming pools as I do that every week and sea dives only startnig, but will be once every 6 months...

thanks

DV as in demand valve? The more commonly used term is regulator/reg.

Put the cap on before you rinse to keep water out of the reg. If it's a DIN reg, wipe the threads with a cloth before putting on the cap.

No, it's not worth buying a second reg for pool use if your diving is so infrequent. If you dive more frequently, it's debatable whether you need a second reg. It's up to you and your wallet, of course.

Thanks SK,
I will wipe my reg before putting the cap on. do i need to leave it overnight to dry out first ?
I do about 30 pool dives a year, and about 10 sea dives a year...

I like to hang mine up in the garage to fully dry out for days/weeks/months then maybe put them away. Tend to keep the "active" regulators hanging up anyway as they'll be selected first for the dive I'm doing.

(They breed. Have lots of them for the various tasks: bailout, sidemount, deco, OC yoke, etc...)

Do wipe the threads though; the salt grows there!

Yeah I used to hang mine on my wall of happiness, never wiped a thread in my life and don't use caps

006.JPG

If I was in saltwater, I rinse it first thoroughly with fresh water.

Otherwise, I leave it to dry with all caps removed and the mouthpiece looking down for a day or so until its dry.

Then I repack everything in my Diving Bag, so it's ready for the next dive. This is also how I store it for longer duration.

hi folks,
I have a good DV for my open sea diving. There is a cap to keep the water out the value. Should I put the cap on immediately after a dive or should I wipe and let it dry overnigh, then put the cap on?

any suggestions on how to store the DV?

is it worth gettting a seperate DV for swimming pools as I do that every week and sea dives only startnig, but will be once every 6 months...

thanks
What is a DV? demand valve? Dive vest? Dive vehicle?

I will wipe my reg before putting the cap on. do i need to leave it overnight to dry out first ?
I do about 30 pool dives a year, and about 10 sea dives a year...
I do. My BC hanger has a spot to attach the regulator. Both DIN and yoke spots. I just thread the DIN connector in the appropriate spot and hang to dry. Usually overnight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom