How to reduce weight 20KG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You may be running excessive air in the suit. Try opening the suit vent all the way and frequently roll a bit right to let it vent. You'll need to use your BCD for any additional buoyancy needed. (If a wide open suit vent feels much too constricting after trying it that way, then run it a few clicks tighter.)

I've no idea if this applies to you, but if you're trimmed to be fairly diagonal, then you'll need more weight to be able to counter the upward component of your kicking. Being more horizontal may allow you to drop some weight.

As always, check how much air is in your BCD at the safety stop with the tank near reserve pressure. If it's not pretty empty, then drop a little lead for the next dive. Depending on your current underlayers, you may be able to get lower-buoyancy materials for the same warmth. These typically come at a premium price, unfortunately. At the end of the day, though, the temps will dictate the layers, which will dictate the ballast requirements.

thank you friends, I have a second hand 4th element underlay which i heard is very good. I'm thinking of using a tracksuit or something thinner as I'm warm in the sea regardless. in the pool, in normal shortie I just need 2kg. my drysuit is neoprene so I am guessing I need it to compress like you've mentioned.

Neoprene drysuits do typically use lighter layers for a given level of warmth compared to trilam.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom