How to clean Megs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wormzer

Registered
Reaction score
I dove Alhambra for the first time yesterday. Found 3 megs (1 1/4", 2 1/4", and 3 1/4").

What is the best way to clean the teeth without damaging them. The largest meg has large barnicles on it.

Thanks

I soak them in white vinegar for about 30 minutes to disolve any attached shells, then I soak them in fresh water for an hour or so to get out the vinegar.

Soak in Apple Cider vinegar overnight.

I soak my megs in a 50 /50 vinegar water mixture. I've heard if they soak too long the vinegar can damage the teeth, so as the material softens you can use a brush to help it along.

The largest measures 3 1/4" from top (bottom of the V) to bottom (tip). About 4" along the edge and 3" wide.

Also, is the third largest tooth a meg? The serrations are still on it. Large root, but small crown.

What about the fourth largest?

My joke bombed. I guess everyone here has heard the "use really old toothpaste" line.

Megalodon3.jpg
[/IMG]
Megalodon2.jpg
[/IMG]

Yes, a meg posterior tooth

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom