How old were you when you started diving?

How old were you when you started diving?

• Less than 20

Votes: 94 27.8%
  • 20-29

Votes: 75 22.2%
  • 30-39

Votes: 60 17.8%
  • 40-49

Votes: 69 20.4%
  • 50-59

Votes: 37 10.9%
  • 60+

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First used SCUBA in 1961 at age 14. Finally got certified in 1969 at age 22. I figure by the time I reach 75, I'll become a reasonably skilled diver.

I was 19. It was Spring of my Freshman year 1982 at UW - River Falls.

Back on the 1970's YMCA required that you had to be 14 to be certified. So, my C-card was my 14th B'Day card. :)

Hey, no fair! They Y guys told me I had to wait until I was 16! So, I did. YMCA C-carded in 1975.

Of course, the original question was "diving". I had been open-water snorkeling all over Florida in both fresh and salt water since the age of 7.

I got certified at 46, though my first dive was at 29.

While the kids were little, no money or time. My first real dive was a "resort course" on a Mexico trip celebrating my daughter's graduation from high school, and I was 43. From 45 feet under I made myself a promise to find an instructing LDS the moment I got home.

And I did.

16, but they finally made me get certified 15 years later.
Experience wasn't enough any more to cover liability.

I was 17. I would have done it sooner, but I simply could not afford it so I skin dived from 10-17.

Hmmm... I dunno... how old am I here?

attachment.php

Attachments

• mar_diving.JPG
    mar_diving.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 152

Back
Top Bottom