• 5-6 years old.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • more than 6 years old.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't own/use/rent a laptop.

• My laptop is provided by my employer.

• I am self-employed, ignore my response.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I can't read, I don't know, or I'm not sure.

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah...if you don't bother to actually read the poll question or the OP. For those readers, I included the option "I can't read, I don't know, or I'm not sure."
Which only leads me to believe your post/poll is designed to mislead... or is tantamount to a "troll" post... as such, I will withdraw and remove it from my "posts followed" list

Because Nudediver wants to know, of course!

Yes, but how old his laptop is, of course, of interest to him. How old other people's laptops may be doesn't seem to be useful information. Asking him why he's asking is a way to see if there's something I'm missing.

Yes, but how old his laptop is, of course, of interest to him. How old other people's laptops may be doesn't seem to be useful information. Asking him why he's asking is a way to see if there's something I'm missing.

Scientific detachment; the subjects do not know anything about the study director's motives for doing the study. They can guess...

Scientific detachment; the subjects do not know anything about the study director's motives for doing the study. They can guess...

Thanks for an answer that doesn't answer anything. BTW, there's nothing scientific about this poll.

Thanks for an answer that doesn't answer anything. BTW, there's nothing scientific about this poll.

You are welcome, Walter. I like you because you are as much of a curmudgeon as I can be.

I just replaced my 7 year old Dell laptop with a new Macbook, I really liked my Dell but wasn't willing to buy anything with Vista so I switched to an Apple. It's pretty nice, just takes a bit of getting used to.

You are welcome, Walter. I like you because you are as much of a curmudgeon as I can be.

Thanks. That's the second nicest compliment I've had all week.

Which only leads me to believe your post/poll is designed to mislead... or is tantamount to a "troll" post... as such, I will withdraw and remove it from my "posts followed" list
Wow! I haven't seen such an unwarranted assumption since.....someone said, "Bush must be telling the truth - he'd never lie to the public."

I second this.

Nudediver, could you please explain why is it you find interesting how old our laptops are?

Btw, I've already replied to your poll and here's the elaboration:

My Macbook is two years old now and I'm contemplating having it replaced. The battery has lost some of its power, HD space is becoming the limiting factor and I need more RAM. So, I'll either make those upgrades or buy a new laptop. Whatever would make more sense.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom