• 5-6 years old.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • more than 6 years old.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't own/use/rent a laptop.

• My laptop is provided by my employer.

• I am self-employed, ignore my response.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I can't read, I don't know, or I'm not sure.

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NudeDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
How old is your laptop? I'm not talking about how old is your OLDEST laptop. I'm talking about the one you normally use, on a daily basis. If you use more than one on a daily basis, the one you use most often and for the longest period of time. I'm also not talking about desktop computers. Please don't respond with "I use a desktop", "I don't use a computer very often", "I use two different ones for the exact same amount of time every day" or whatever. I'm also not interested in work-provided computers, just computers that you actually own. Please stay with the intent of the data collection for this poll :)

Thanks!
nd

Laptop why specifically a laptop? lol.

The average lifespan of a laptop is 2 - 4 years depending on its usage.

Remember the majority of users tote it around. It is subject to bangs, dings, dropping, etc. (The number of laptops that sit on a desk and aren't moved regularly is a small %)

Major reason for such a short lifespan - Parts are generally proprietary and the manufacturer only stocks replacement parts for a laptop's warranty period. After that, you may be able to find parts that are "refurbished" (taken from another laptop [same model] that failed)

Laptop why specifically a laptop? lol.
Because that's what I am interested in. Same reason why I limited the question to computers, rather than say - sewing machines.

Mine was Dell's state of the art when I bought it a 2.4ghz Pentium 4m. I've upped the memory to 1.5 gigs and replaced the harddrive with 120gig. It has an ATI Raedon 9000 w/32 megs of video memory.
It was considered a desktop replacement when I bought it. It's still a fair workhorse but it can't compare to the new offerings.

About two months old.
poor guy :shakehead:; too long!:D
question is somewhat tricky since this is a diving forum, people will shoot out taking "computer" for a dive computer, the OP could've used laptop or PC!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom