How old is too old?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I will have to quit, I will be 71 in afew months. Its realy hard to keep up with kids like gary. 07 only had 68 open water dives not including the 16 open water students. I have to hurry the check in time at the nursing home is 2100 hrs. Gary someone said you have a wheel chair with red lites and cyl rack on it. can I use it some time?
grumpie......

Like the old saying, "you're only as old as you feel" They'll be putting me down for a dirt nap before I hang up training/diving.

I was 51 when I did DM. I kept up with the two others (one in early 20s and one in mid-30s) who stayed in the class after the timed swim tests. I thought it was fun--and reinforcing. It's not age that matters--fitness and skill level are the issues.

Steve

Growing old is mandatory.
Growing up is optional.
Never forget... :)
Rick

Totally optional! At 46, I'm having more fun, exploring things (like diving, zip trekking, white water rafting, hiking jungle forests to find mystical waterfalls......!) that I wouldn't have dreamed of doing when I was younger. As Heinlein said "The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive"....so lets make the best of it at ANY AGE!

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and enthusiasm!

Granted I’m not an instructor in the terms of Recreational divers. But at 61 not a single member of my team was born when I started diving. I have to pass the POST (Police Academy) entrance PT exam twice a year along with the snot noses and not a one of them can stay with me in the water or getting ready to get in.

SO what’s this 45 crap?:confused:

This goes right along with another thread where the guy won’t dive with ANYONE who got certified in warm water.

Looking like some heads need to be pulled out of the sand. Times have changed and people are living and enjoying life a lot longer than even when I was a kid.:wink:

Gary (no walker in the dive gear) D.

Gary, please read my other post in this thread. I wasnt being for real. I am almost 47 and just did my DM four years ago. Thats why I had said I was speaking from experiance (making fun of MYSELF). Of course age has nothing to do with diving. I ran five 10 K's, two half marathons and one mini tri last year and there were many twenty year oldsr guys that I out ran, but yet, there were 50 ish guys that had out ran, biked and swam me.

Hey, what do you think about women being DM"s or instructors?............:D

I am kidding!!!!

Back
Top Bottom