How old is too old?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"I ain't as good as I once was
But I'm as good once as I ever was"

--Toby Keith

Yeah - I got a few years on me now - but there was a time......and this time is even better!

You know you're getting older when...

Everything that works hurts, and what doesn't hurt doesn't work.

You feel like the morning after, and you haven't been anywhere.

Your little black book only contains names ending in M.D.

Your children are beginning to look middle-aged.

Your mind makes contracts your body can't keep.

You look forward to a dull evening.

Your knees buckle and your belt won't.

Your back goes out more than you do.

You sink your teeth into a steak, and they stay there.

You know all the answers, but nobody asks the questions.

YOU KNOW YOU'RE OLD WHEN

1. You and your teeth don't sleep together.

2. You try to straighten out the wrinkles in your socks and discover you aren't wearing any.

3. At the breakfast table you hear snap, crackle, pop and you're not eating cereal.

4. Your back goes out but you stay home.

5. When you wake up looking like your driver's license picture.

6. It takes two tries to get up from the couch.

7. When your idea of a night out is sitting on the patio.

8. When happy hour is a nap.

9. When you're on vacation and your energy runs out before your money does.

10. When you say something to your kids that your mother used to say to you (and you always hated it).

Dave is a retired general and still does triathelons at 74. John has violated all the rules of longevity: he hang glides, he rides trail bikes, he lives with a young woman, and he got certified at 81. At 82 he is still hanging in there. Claudene is a retired Viet Nam veteran nurse who is 87. She still dives - in cold water.

Please remember this - It ain't the age - It's the attitude!!!!!

how old is to old that is a question!!! i guess the real question should be? what kinda guy would make such a stupid statement in the first place. i'm a DM going on to do my instructors course.
i guess i wouldn't want do dive with guys with those thoughts in is head.stupid thoughts bring trouble..Dont worry about the age gap friend!! as long as you get good tuition and can dive safe what is the problem with age, Tell us all about your skills? tells us who taught you??
here is a real story i can tell you. A guy dives with a company who came with me an others on a dive around cancun, he is classed as a pro!! hed got the fins and a mile of hose from his tank wrapped around him several times looked good from a distance,, so away we went down in the depths only to see that this guy ran out of air in 20 mins. what!!!!! this guys a pro i thought had all the qualification, is answer to my question was .. quote!! i use alot of air.
he was a young guy around 30 years old. he signals to go up. i went with him to check he was safe. when at the surface the boat captain saw us i went back down. after awhile my instructor signals to go surface my wife and i stayed down another 15 mins that was a total of 1 hour 10 mins, not the longest time down by no means some divers stay down longer.
i reckon im a good diver and a very strong swimmer how many can swim in a 5 knot current??
thats another story. BY THE WAY I DID SAY SWIM. NOT DRIFT!!!
no matter how old you are as long as you can teach safe diving and teach others to have fun
If you like diving no matter you age do it as long as your healthy.
why is it an age an issue ive dived with the best thats the best 3 star 4 star 5 star instuctors
and directors of diving who kept tiger sharks at bay eh!! not bad for a lady of 60. maybe your life saver one day , i could go on theres many storys i can tell you some bad some good some brill.
well i guess i was a good swimmer when i was young breaking many records, now i just like to go drift diving like 50 miles or so.. not bad fer a guy whose 61 YEARS OLD.
after all these years guys still come back from all over the world and look us up to do more diving.
alwaysdiving.com regards pete

I would say 85

lol

but you can dive forever

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom