Question How old are you and how long certified? Poll- please take part!

How old are you and how long certified?

• 10-18

Votes: 13 1.3%
  • 19-29

Votes: 81 8.4%
  • 30-39

Votes: 153 15.8%
  • 40-49

Votes: 199 20.5%
  • 50-59

Votes: 231 23.8%
  • 60-69

Votes: 213 22.0%
  • 70-79

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 80-89

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • 90 and over

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Age 79 Started diving in 57, certified in 70, number of dives, thousands.

64 yrs. young / 50 years diving as of next June.

Currently planning my 50th dive year anniversary itinerary - any suggestions?

53, certified in 1991. 1000+ dives. Instructed in Mexico before there was a Mayan Riveria , dove the caves up and down the Yucatan before the systems were officially connected (and were jelously guarded by their explorers) and then in Grand Cayman when Scuba Diving Magazine called us the Cayman Cowboys. I don't instruct any longer but now that college tuition is in the rear view mirror, I can afford to step back into the water.

I'm 56. I was certified in 1983. July 13th was my 40th anniversary. Looking at the results, I was a little surprised. I have to wonder if the results aren't being skewed because older people are more likely to engage in a traditional bulletin board format like this one than the younger generations. We grew up on AOL, lol. I don't know if it is the case, but it does make you think.

Back
Top Bottom