How often do you dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As often as I can. Getting into a dry suit (LOVE my DUI!) last year allowed me to extend my dive season (I live in Western NY) to December last year. I have 28 dives in so far for 2007 with several trips to my favorite 1,000 Islands wrecks on the calendar and a trip to Utila scheduled for September.

So far, the potential exists for one of my best diving years yet... even with a daughter starting her freshman year of college.

Heh... affording diving while putting your kids through college. THAT could be an interesting thread.

See you down there.

John

I try to get in 250-300+ dives a year. Monthly totals are seasonal due to weather (even though some of our best diving is in SoCal's winter), mainly because the dive boat goes out less frequently in winter than summer.

Wildcard, I dont know what your problem is with me but I was just responding to the question. You are more than welcome to come join us on our weekly dives. Why not two dives per week? Because we have to drive 38 miles 1 way to get to where we dive and I also have a full time job and a family to fit in to my schedule, I also mow grass in my "spare time to pay for my diving". There are people that claim 2-3 times a week why not be an ******* to them? You have never met me and dont have a clue about how I dive I dont feel you have a reason to call me out without calling everyone else out. I dont care how much everyone else dive either, I just answered the question.

I go at least 1 time a month and usually get 3 or 4 dive in. Some months I go to the gulf and get 4 or 5 over the weekend. Right now we are diving every other weekend. 4 or 5 dives. Just like some others have said. Just barely enough to keep me sane.

I have been getting about 40 - 50 a year, mostly from April - October with a few ice dives, trips and other winter stuff in between.
This year I'm hoping for 60 - 70. Got a great start this past winter in Little Cayman.

drbill:
I try to get in 250-300+ dives a year. Monthly totals are seasonal due to weather (even though some of our best diving is in SoCal's winter), mainly because the dive boat goes out less frequently in winter than summer.
You're on the King Neptune, right? You gonna be on board on June 2?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Wildcard:
Are you a working diver?
Like most my dive time goes up and down. This has been a good year, working in the caribbean for most of it so far. Bout 50ish dives if you count DSDs. Last year sucked working in dry places, maybe 100 for the whole year?:shakehead
I have done a little bit of dive guiding and instruction, but most of my dives have been for fun. I try to dive every weekend unless trips are cancelled due to weather or I am working as dry crew on a dive boat.

I only dive summer months, but during that time I hit the beach once on the weekends and occasionally on a weekday for a nightdive. Usually 5 times (10 dives)/month.

I might try to increase that number this season... but that depends on how enthusiastic my buddy/gf is to dive with me!

Not as many as I'd like to, but I seem to get more each year...

I plan on hitting my local quarry every Wednesday night once that starts, (which according to my schedule, would fare out to be about 14 dives barring illness or injury)as well as attempt to get a few weekends in throughout the summer/fall. Then if all goes as planned, we're heading to the Keys for two weeks in November, and I want to get at least 10 dives in while I'm there.

Looks good for this year!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom