How often do you change your dive computer battery?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive a Mares M2 computer, which has user replaceable AAA batteries. A rarely run them to the level of depletion, I usually swap them before a dive trip, or after 50-100 dives. With AAA batteries being dirt cheap, I don't really bother with actually keeping track when the last time was that I changed them.

I change mine when the existing battery goes out... I wring every bit of juice out of them. I dive with redundant computers and carry spare batteries for both computers in my save-a-dive kit.

I bought my Gekko new in May 2008. The original battery lasted 5 yrs, which was about 300 dives. Since then I've only changed batteries on Suunto computers I bought used, so I don't know how old they were. I had my used Vytec DS for 3 yrs before it needed a new battery, but I don't know how old it was when I bought it.

I just keep battery change kits ready. I always replace all 3 parts (battery, o-ring and that little tab); I figure that since those 2 extra items cost almost nothing, why not do it 100%.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom