How often do you change your dive computer battery?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kryssa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How often do you change your dive computer battery?

My Aeris Atmos AI is 3 years old and has done about 80 dives, plus some pool work.

In March, it displayed low battery once, but has displayed full battery ever since.

Should I change the battery?

Thanks!

Change mine every other year. Current battery has about 50 dives and still shows fully charged. Oceanic ProPlus 2.1.

I change mine out about every other year as well, sometimes sooner, really just depends on how much diving I get in or if I see any issues. My computer uses weird batteries that are hard to find, so I always make sure I have plenty of spares before going on a trip.

Last edited:
Mine gets changed every year, usually before a trip, both computer and transmitter.

Mines self-serviceable, so I just make sure I have a spare fresh battery in my gear bag and get going..

I also always wear my dive watch as a backup depth gauge and timer, but thats solar powered and never get a battery change.

I change mine when the battery indicator says it is time. But I always travel with a spare computer and a plan to make the change-over.

I have had my Suunto D9tx for 2 years on the same battery, about 70 dives on it. It displayed a low battery symbol after the first dive of the day a few weeks back. I thought "hmm that's about right" and then after the second dive of the day, the batt indicator went away. I've dove 5 more times since then, no battery indicator. So I think I'll get the indicator again in a month or so, and when it stays on, I'll change it out myself.

I already have the spanner tool, new batteries for it and the tank transmitter, as well as O-rings. I was upset that I'd have to send it back to suunto every 2-3 years to have it serviced for the battery, but there are threads on here on how to do it, and it's quite easy. Some folks have even reused their original o-rings with no reports of flooding (that I've heard of).

A bit off topic, but does anyone know how long a suunto d9 transmitter is supposed to last, or if the watch will show any indicator of what's going on with the transmitter battery?

When the battery shows 20%. I always carry a spare it runs on AAs and is user replaceable.

A bit off topic, but does anyone know how long a suunto d9 transmitter is supposed to last, or if the watch will show any indicator of what's going on with the transmitter battery?

To answer my own question: a battery icon on the Suunto D9tx means low battery for the computer, but when a dive session is started, the air pressure shows in the bottom left. If that flashes "batt" that means the battery in the transmitter is low.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom