How often are you asked for a c-card?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not at Fill Express, I walked in there rented doubles filled with 21/35 and two 40's one with 50% and one with 100%. I then went and dove the Hydro then the Lawrance the next day. I was never asked for a card by anyone.

I hadthe exact same treatment when I was there. Rented doubles,a deco bottle, and a pony for my single tank buddy. Not a word other than "will that be cash or charge?".
Same story on the boat, sign here, pay here, please tip the mate.
Eric

I love Pompano Beach

Every time I dive, domestically or internationally, I am asked to produce a c-card, and if I'm diving nitrox they ask for the nitrox c-card.

I did forget my c-card when I was diving with Jupiter Dive Center so they asked for ID went online to the PADI site and were able to confirm my nitrox certification before giving me a tank.

Every time I dive, domestically or internationally, I am asked to produce a c-card, and if I'm diving nitrox they ask for the nitrox c-card.

I did forget my c-card when I was diving with Jupiter Dive Center so they asked for ID went online to the PADI site and were able to confirm my nitrox certification before giving me a tank.

But did they ask for your dork diver card??? :dork2::rofl3:
Miss you!

But did they ask for your dork diver card??? :dork2::rofl3:
Miss you!

No, Scuba Love figured I was with Dave and you so did not have to produce the dork card...:wink:

Miss ya, too, sweetie. :kiss2:

Sometimes we forget, but there is no ÅÍegal requirement to be ÅÄertified in order to dive and the certificating agencies have no real authority to ÅÄertify anyone other than dive shops and operators have come to recognize them as certifying agencies and some dive operators or dive shops simply want do business with you unless you have a c-card from certain agencies. But that is because they choose not to do so. It is not against any law to fill air tanks for someone who does not have a c-card.

Sometimes we forget, but there is no ÅÍegal requirement to be ÅÄertified in order to dive and the certificating agencies have no real authority to ÅÄertify anyone other than dive shops and operators have come to recognize them as certifying agencies and some dive operators or dive shops simply want do business with you unless you have a c-card from certain agencies. But that is because they choose not to do so. It is not against any law to fill air tanks for someone who does not have a c-card.

This is absolutely true in most of the world. It is also not illegal to deny someone a fill when they cannot at least prove that they have some training.

I am never usually asked for my card for a fill (I think they assume "if he owns his own tanks..."), but if I go diving on a boat in the Caribbean... every time.

We actually turned someone away the other day who wasn't certified. I guy walked in with an 80 and said he was getting it filled for a friend. We asked that his friend come in to fill it. We always ask for a nitrox card when filling with enriched air and the log is always filled out.

I don't even know where mine is...:)

Strange.... Could be a regional thing... in 12 years, first time I hadn't been asked.
It helps if you wear old, dingy T-shirts from dive trips I think.

Sometimes I have to job a C-number on a form. I write down a few numbers that look like they fill the blank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom