How not to lose my wife?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Forget the chicken and fins. Just get a glow stick from the dollar store and tie it on her.

You may not be able to dive in a small group, easiest way to find your buddy is fins then wetsuit. When I first started diving with all 3 members of my family, I had bright neon green Aqua Lung fins, any of them could always find me. Now, I dive mostly with my wife, she has blue fins and a yellow stripe at the top of her Henderson wetsuit, easy for me to find her in a group.

I've learned that it is best to make your dive and enjoy it. When you get back on the boat and stow your gear, the woman sitting next to you will probably be your wife. Worrying about where she is in a group of divers takes away from the enjoyment of diving. Unless you think she is a danger to herself and those around her she probably has the skills to ascend without you next to her.

FEE8210B-FC82-4F31-BE7F-96F55126B894.jpeg
I even made a leash with 3 caribiners to string you with your wife & the guide too.

View attachment 448486

You are probbably joking, but when the visibility drops below 2m (80% of the time) and we dive in strong current a lot of divers here use a buddy line.

Cannot be bothered to read all 7 pages, but the easiest option is to have her wear bright fins, yellow or green. Also for you to wear the same so she does not lose you.

Being new to diving everyone seems to look the same under water. Is it ok to use bright hoses on your reg to help her stand out? We rent most of our gear when we travel so not sure how else to set her apart.

My question: How do you recognise her out of the water?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom