How much $ to O2 clean a tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have this posted in another thread in this group as well, but it's probably more appropriate here -

I contacted XS scuba with a question about a new tank and got talk about O2 cleaning the tank to which he said -

He would never O2 clean one of their brand new valves. They already have Viton O rings and Christolube 111(?). Even though my LDS partial blends, he said you can't really do anything to make the valve 100% clean. There's nothing that can be done to the valve that has already been done. No sense in risking taking apart a brand new valve.

My question now is, do shops require you to have some sticker saying your tanks/valve are O2 cleaned before they fill?

My question now is, do shops require you to have some sticker saying your tanks/valve are O2 cleaned before they fill?

Yes... Most shops will want something on the VIS sticker or a seperate sticker that indicates that the tank was properly serviced for oxygen service.

I buy my tanks new and filled with EAN 36. I don't care what it takes to get it done.

But, yes, there is an O2 sticker on the tank when I get it. My LDS does partial pressure blending so they must do whatever it takes.

I have bought both Luxfer Al 50s and Worthington HP 100s filled and ready to go. All I do is analyze the mix and head out.

Richard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom