how much time to bag drag back to cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I already have that bookmarked and printed out and placed in my outside pocket on my carry-on and I found the instructions to be confusing before I did the bag drag, but very clear afterwards. I have no explanation for that other than my age. It seems to be very thorough. I would like to point out (not for the first time on SB) that if you exit the terminal and are looking for the ADO bus be very wary of anyone who seems helpful. I was intentionally misdirected away from the bus. Their strategy seems to be something along the lines of getting you into a situation where time is short and then they get you on a shuttle or into a taxi.

I also discovered that the seats on the bus are reserved if you board on 5th street but it's first come first serve if you board at the other station in Playa. This would make buying tickets in advance not only a good idea but it should actually reserve the seats. I did not find the signage at the ADO station to be very clear but the long line on the left inside the station is the correct line for the airport tickets. I could not find a line outside by the buses for the airport. Everyone I asked was in line for other destinations. I watched and waited and as soon as I saw a driver get to a bus that was marked Aeropuerto I made my move.

Last edited:
I already have that bookmarked and printed out and placed in my outside pocket on my carry-on and I found the instructions to be confusing before I did the bag drag, but very clear afterwards. I have no explanation for that other than my age. It seems to be very thorough. I would like to point out (not for the first time on SB) that if you exit the terminal and are looking for the ADO bus be very wary of anyone who seems helpful. I was intentionally misdirected away from the bus. Their strategy seems to be something along the lines of getting you into a situation where time is short and then they get you on a shuttle or into a taxi.

I also discovered that the seats on the bus are reserved if you board on 5th street but it's first come first serve if you board at the other station in Playa. This would make buying tickets in advance not only a good idea but it should actually reserve the seats. I did not find the signage at the ADO station to be very clear but the long line on the left inside the station is the correct line for the airport tickets. I could not find a line outside by the buses for the airport. Everyone I asked was in line for other destinations. I watched and waited and as soon as I saw a driver get to a bus that was marked Aeropuerto I made my move.

I always buy tickets in the terminal; on your left before exiting, (i.e. T3, never arrived or departed T2, so don't know a thing about it). Some prefer to buy them outside, but I've found the lines move much more slowly there.

My instructions for finding the bus are somewhat simpler: Exit the doors, head off at a 45 degree angle for about 50 - 75 yards until you see the long parking slips that would accommodate a bus if none are there. If there is a bus, check to make sure that it says Playa del Carmen in the destination thingy.

Yes, the tickets have a seat number printed on them, but whether or not seating is assigned seems to be discretionary, perhaps a function of how crowded the bus is. Fist time riding, passengers sat anywhere, so the second time, we just sat. Some older Mayan women straightened us right out. If possible, we sit as far toward the front as we can, as the bathrooms in the back can get RIPE.

Yes, the airport bus will always say Aeropuerto. We were a little late one time, and we were directed to lane 5. I didn't see the Aeropuerto, so asked the driver in lane 5. He told me that he was going to Merida, and pointed to lane 6.

I always buy tickets in the terminal; on your left before exiting, (i.e. T3, never arrived or departed T2, so don't know a thing about it). Some prefer to buy them outside, but I've found the lines move much more slowly there.

My instructions for finding the bus are somewhat simpler: Exit the doors, head off at a 45 degree angle to your right for about 50 - 75 yards until you see the long parking slips that would accommodate a bus if none are there. If there is a bus, check to make sure that it says Playa del Carmen in the destination thingy.

Yes, the tickets have a seat number printed on them, but whether or not seating is assigned seems to be discretionary, perhaps a function of how crowded the bus is. Fist time riding, passengers sat anywhere, so the second time, we just sat. Some older Mayan women straightened us right out. If possible, we sit as far toward the front as we can, as the bathrooms in the back can get RIPE.

Yes, the airport bus will always say Aeropuerto. We were a little late one time, and we were directed to lane 5. I didn't see the Aeropuerto, so asked the driver in lane 5. He told me that he was going to Merida, and pointed to lane 6.

Edit to add: For the really OCD'd among us, it's actually 63 degrees to your right.

Back
Top Bottom