how much time to bag drag back to cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This post is just what I was going to research today, I have a Sunday 3pm flight out of Cancun next month. I will be staying in Playa on Sat night so checking out and heading to the bus station Sunday. The flight to Cancun from Detroit was well worth the savings for me since Delta has nonstop flights both ways, and was about $300 cheaper than American to COZ which had long layovers along with the high price. I will be home Sunday at 6:55pm versus about midnight with Americans layovers and early departure. Well worth the savings to me and I will be there good and early on my arrival as well. Thanks to everyone for the helpful replies!!!

Thanks for starting this post. Looks like flying into Cancun instead of Cozumel for us is $300+ cheaper each.
From LAX to COZ is north of $600 and into CUN can be had nonstop just shy of $300, so we are up for the bag drag.
My wife does not want to deal with the red eye flights and 3 hour+ layovers any more either.
I am hoping the bag drag coming from CUN-COZ is just as quick as from COZ-CUN.

The only catch we have ever had was when we did not land in Cancun Terminal 3. Terminal 3 is easy....exit the doors, turn rightish, and in front of the bar is a little podium to buy the ADO tickets. Busses leave from that point.

If you don't land in Terminal 3. (Southwest landed in terminal 2, we usually fly American) We started walking to Terminal 3 and got caught by a girl that said she was selling bus tickets. She ended up not being from ADO, price was higher, and we ended up "upgrading" to a cab...... call it the Gringo Tax.

I understand there is a shuttle that runs between the terminals, or we could have continued our walk and been fine. I'm sure a local, or a more seasoned bag dragged will chime in about the procedure if you don't land at T3.

Safe travels,
Jay

The ADO bus stops at each terminal so if you are at terminal 2 (Southwest) go out front and they are in the parking lot to the left (south east) end of the terminal. Terminal 2 is the last pickup prior to departing for Playa or downtown. For terminal 3 it is again out front and in the parking lot to the left, it is the last drop off going into the airport and the first pickup departing the airport. Departing bus then go and pick up at terminal 1 then 2 and then they actually depart the airport.

Below is a google map shot of terminal 2, note the ADO location in the upper mid left side of the shot. Adjacent to each terminals ADO stop there should be a small stand where they sell and print tickets for the bus.
upload_2017-1-1_14-15-53.png

If you save enough money to justify spending $35 US, hire a van. They'll be waiting for you outside the airport and drive you right to the ferry. On the way home they wait for you as you exit the ferry, they drag your bags up to the van and drop you off at the airport. Add in a tip, take out the cost of the bus, and it's pretty darn cheap. Someone handles your bags, gets you right where you want to be, faster than the bus. I KNOW, I know... I'm getting lazy in my old age, but I'm hooked.

Thanks for starting this post. Looks like flying into Cancun instead of Cozumel for us is $300+ cheaper each.
From LAX to COZ is north of $600 and into CUN can be had nonstop just shy of $300, so we are up for the bag drag.
My wife does not want to deal with the red eye flights and 3 hour+ layovers any more either.
I am hoping the bag drag coming from CUN-COZ is just as quick as from COZ-CUN.

The total time for the flight with MAYAir can vary and they have luggage restrictions. Not all flights even allow luggage. However, if your timing is right and you only have the usual carry-ons MAYAir can be great.

Who's offering that trip for $35.00 USD?
I would like in on that deal. Playa to the airport no problems, but to Playa????

Note on the bus, scheduled times are a best guess and from final departure from terminal 2. Most international passengers arrive at terminal 3 which adds 10 - 15 minutes to the total time and an 'on the hour' bus from terminal 2 will miss the next 'on the hour' ferry. If my flight arrival into Cancun arrives after 8:30 PM I grab a cheap room in downtown Cancun and catch the 5AM bus to Playa so that I can dive the 8AM boat.

The ADO bus stops at each terminal so if you are at terminal 2 (Southwest) go out front and they are in the parking lot to the left (south east) end of the terminal. Terminal 2 is the last pickup prior to departing for Playa or downtown.
View attachment 388841

When I took ADO TO the airport is stopped at Terminal 1, then 2, then 3. Are you saying that when they are boarding to go to Playa that is not the same order?

If you save enough money to justify spending $35 US, hire a van. They'll be waiting for you outside the airport and drive you right to the ferry. On the way home they wait for you as you exit the ferry, they drag your bags up to the van and drop you off at the airport. Add in a tip, take out the cost of the bus, and it's pretty darn cheap. Someone handles your bags, gets you right where you want to be, faster than the bus. I KNOW, I know... I'm getting lazy in my old age, but I'm hooked.

Yes, please give us more information. I looked into that and could not get a definitive answer. Also, I wanted to do the ferry/bus thing so I would know how to do it in addition to just spending less money. Each time I go to Cancun/Playa/Cozumel I discover more ways to spend less which means I can afford to go more often :)

Back
Top Bottom