how much time to bag drag back to cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like in on that deal. Playa to the airport no problems, but to Playa????

Note on the bus, scheduled times are a best guess and from final departure from terminal 2. Most international passengers arrive at terminal 3 which adds 10 - 15 minutes to the total time and an 'on the hour' bus from terminal 2 will miss the next 'on the hour' ferry. If my flight arrival into Cancun arrives after 8:30 PM I grab a cheap room in downtown Cancun and catch the 5AM bus to Playa so that I can dive the 8AM boat.

I will answer my own question as well as yours and JamesBon2007's question. You can't get a van from CUN to Playa for $35.00 USD.

Few things in Mexico are on time, but ADO is pretty close. If you look at the ADO schedule, you'll see that some busses are scheduled to arrive in an hour, some in an hour and 10 minutes. I have no explanation for this, but wonder if some don't stop at T1 on the way down???

When I took ADO TO the airport is stopped at Terminal 1, then 2, then 3. Are you saying that when they are boarding to go to Playa that is not the same order?

It's the reverse from CUN to Playa. 3 - 2 - 1

Yes, please give us more information. I looked into that and could not get a definitive answer. Also, I wanted to do the ferry/bus thing so I would know how to do it in addition to just spending less money. Each time I go to Cancun/Playa/Cozumel I discover more ways to spend less which means I can afford to go more often :)

I aim to be at the airport three hours before flight.

Find appropriate ADO bus that is close to that time and buy the ticket the day before.

Then determine the appropriate ferry to take. Allow about 70 minutes for transit, unboarding, getting luggage and walking to the ADO bus station.

Last edited:
I aim to be there three hours before flight.

Find appropriate ADO bus that is close to that time and buy the ticket the day before.

Then determine the appropriate ferry to take. Allow about 70 minutes for transit, unboarding, getting luggage and walking to the ADO bus station.

Be where 3 hours before flight?

Buy the ticket on-line?

Last edited:
Be at the airport three hours before take-off.

I buy the ADO bus ticket at the ferry complex a day or so before travel day. Just in case the bus sells out.

Be nice for somebody to make a sticky for "Bag Drag" on the cozumel forum, include all the different methods and details...:thumb:

Be at the airport three hours before take-off.

I buy the ADO bus ticket at the ferry complex a day or so before travel day. Just in case the bus sells out.

If you want to be at the airport 3 hours before take-off, you have a much higher boredom level than I do.

Yes, during high season, I would absolutely recommend purchasing a ticket beforehand, especially if it's the week of, or week after Semana Santa.

When I took ADO TO the airport is stopped at Terminal 1, then 2, then 3. Are you saying that when they are boarding to go to Playa that is not the same order?
That is correct once it drops off at 3, then Passengers load, then it goes back to 1 then 2 and then departs for PDC. Most lines make a pickup in Purata Morales which adds a few minutes enroute.

If you want to be at the airport 3 hours before take-off, you have a much higher boredom level than I do.

Yes, during high season, I would absolutely recommend purchasing a ticket beforehand, especially if it's the week of, or week after Semana Santa.

Pick whatever time you wish. Adjust ADO bus and ferry to meet that time.

Schedules are online so you can plan it out at your convenience.

Back
Top Bottom