How much is your rental gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Look for a LDS that offers a monthly rate. I know of stores that offer 3 & 6 months unlimited use and even 1 year package rental deals. The more you dive the more you save. This would be the best choice rather than paying for each day or weekend.

Or, you buy your own gear then you don't have to worry. dive lots to get your moneys worth.

Ben_ca:
Man.... if you buy a starter set for 600 it would pay for itself in 8 outings.... (minus tank)

No doubt dude! I'm saving my scrilla and working on it right now!:wink:

Cost of renting is hard to figure without being able to compare how up to date it is, condition etc. A store with yearly brandy new stuff should get away with charging more then the guy who rents stuff thats seen the pool every weekend for the past 3 years.

Panaqua in NYC charges $10 for each of BCD, suit, regulator, computer. They will also apply rental fees as credits towards purchase of gear of similar kind. I.e. you rent a BCD you can put the rental fee towards purchase of a BCD. Not sure if cumulative rental fees can be added up over time.

Henrik

60$ for the day with 2 AL80 tanks, that includes all the equipment (Sherwood, Blizzard reg, Zeagle Ranger BC, Atlan sport drysuit, weights and fins. For the weekend, it's 100$.

Thanks for the input guys. I guess the $30 we are charging for a days use of gear is not so out of line....Sure makes a case for buying your own.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom