How much is your rental gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Tanks are included in the dive, how much do you pay for a full kit? Im sidelining at a new LDS and I think the rental price is a little high. i just need some input as I dont normaly rent gear.
Mahalo

I'm no help, really. My dive shop was renting me stuff dirt cheap and I decided to buy my own due to lack of reliable gear when I traveled (now, of course, I rarely if ever take my gear with me in the truck so I'm back to square one).

I know that the one time I rented gear in Fla on the road it was $80 for two one-tank boat dives with all gear included off W. Palm Beach in winter 2003.

Basic equip package, hood, wetsuit, BCD, tank, weight belt, regulator ... $35 weekday / $45 weekend ... 24hrs​

lds $40 for full gear... around 10-15 a tank depending on air or nitrox. less if you get a multiunit card.

i get a discount for rentals and they often make mistakes, so for everything (including 2 tanks) minus mask, fins, snorkle and boots i used to pay $30-40 per day. i know for a fact that 1 tank is $12 per day at my lds.

well the price difference between with and without rental gear is $11.- for a two tank charter.

~$75 pickup Fri, dropoff Mon. That included reg, BC, 2 tanks and a comp.

zen_man:
~$75 pickup Fri, dropoff Mon. That included reg, BC, 2 tanks and a comp.

Man.... if you buy a starter set for 600 it would pay for itself in 8 outings.... (minus tank)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom