How much for hydros?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carldarl

Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry if this has ben covered. I searched and couldn't find it.

How much does a hydro cost and who does them? Both my tanks are new so I have five years to go ut I am curious.

carldarl:
Sorry if this has ben covered. I searched and couldn't find it.

How much does a hydro cost and who does them? Both my tanks are new so I have five years to go ut I am curious.

Here in North Louisiana the hydro's run about $30 after tax. They are done at the local welding supply store in Monroe. They have a technician that tests cylinders all day long. From scuba cylinders. to fire extinguishers, to oxygen and welding tanks to firefighter tanks.

In Virginia I pay 15-16 bucks. I have heard of bulk rates for around $9.00 each with the valves out.

It all depends on the shop and what they include.

The local Hydro facility I think charges $12 or $15 (I can't remember for sure) but they are open only M-F 7am-4pm, so hard to get by there unless you take off work.

Two of our local dive shops charge $20 for a hydro. (of course they don't test them themselves but take them to a hydro facility )

One of our local shops charges $25 but includes cleaning the tank as they can sometimes come back from the hydro facility dirty.

They cost a little more but I guess they've got to charge something for the cost of dropping off the tank to the hydro facility and picking it up.

A shop (that went out of business) charged $50 for hydro, but it included visual and an air fill also.

I pay $15 at the local fire extinguisher place. I noticed I have 2 needing it today.

Its $15 here on the Big Island. We have one fire safety company who does the hydros for the entire island. Additional $7 for the annual viz inspection at the LDS.

Thanks... I assumed it was more and am pleasantly surprised. As I said, just curious.

Back
Top Bottom