How much do Atomic regs cost to service?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eliminator

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking into getting 2 sets of Atomic Z2s (sealed, 5 port turret) for tech diving, but I cant get a firm answer on how much they cost to service.....:idk:

So, what's the typical pricing for their parts/service/enviro sealing? I'm using DiveRite now, and I get free parts and dont need any O2 compatible sealing solution, etc....

IIRC it's $110 per reg from the Atomic factory. They do impeccable work, and it comes back looking virtually new.

$60 (plus the cost of parts in addition) gets you 1st and 2nd overhauled from Malibu Dive Repair. They have an awesome reputation for quality.

So all told, maybe $100 or so. It's only once every 2 years though.

All the best, James

My friend just sent in his ST1 with octo and the cost is $270-something. That includes all parts and labor. All parts as in new plastic pieces, 1st stage environmental seal and everything.

An authorized LDS should be cheaper if they just service and replace internal parts but not replacing plastic parts. I'm sure that Atomic would lower their prices if you don't want the external plastic parts replaced. Just remember that Atomic not only replaced everything and made sure that the IP is reset but they also put the reg on the breathing apparatus and made sure that it worked to specification.

Figure 90-110 for a Rebuild (1st & second including parts) + what ever the shop charges for Cristo lube for the environmental Seal. the good new its only every 2 years or when you deem necessarily. Since the "service" does not Void the warranty on the atomic regulators it's not as "critical" to have them in every 2 years/300 dives.

I would recommend an inspection/tune at those interval but not necessarily a complete overhaul unless it is needed, but on one hand it's already all apart so you might as well swap out the O-rings and other components while it's apart.

Cheers

Kun

Last edited:
Part kits runs $20 for the first stage and another $20 for the second stage. Figure an hour on each for tear down, clean and rebuild. So depending on the shop rate it will run you $100.

If you want environmental sealing add in another $50.

Of course when you start down the tech road and accumulate more than two regs you might soon find that it is worth while to invest in the tools to do the servicing them your self.

I'm thinking I've spent around $50 to $100 to have my M1 serviced over the years. I like the fact that they have the 2 yr /300 Dive Interval. One thing that I do is have them serviced in different years (one a year) so it keeps the cost down. My cave instructor told me a story of when he had identical regs on his doubles, had them serviced together, and the kits were defective. He barely made it out of the cave. I may be fooling myself, but it makes me feel a little safer knowing that I would have to get two defective kits a year apart in order for it to end up in that situation.

I'm thinking I've spent around $50 to $100 to have my M1 serviced over the years. I like the fact that they have the 2 yr /300 Dive Interval. One thing that I do is have them serviced in different years (one a year) so it keeps the cost down. My cave instructor told me a story of when he had identical regs on his doubles, had them serviced together, and the kits were defective. He barely made it out of the cave. I may be fooling myself, but it makes me feel a little safer knowing that I would have to get two defective kits a year apart in order for it to end up in that situation.

Yea, that does make sense. A while back there was a group of divers I hang out with that were going to put a big order of regs together, all the same model. We joked that if there was a problem with the batch, all 4 of us would end up with the same issue on the same dive, going through valve drills then signalling out of air to each other.

I'm looking into getting 2 sets of Atomic Z2s (sealed, 5 port turret) for tech diving, but I cant get a firm answer on how much they cost to service.....:idk:

So, what's the typical pricing for their parts/service/enviro sealing? I'm using DiveRite now, and I get free parts and dont need any O2 compatible sealing solution, etc....

We offer free labor on all service for 5 years to the original purchaser on all Atomic regulators purchased from us. You just pay for the parts kit. For all others the regular charge is $30 per stage + parts kit. The regs are all tuned to factory new specs.
We are an authorized Atomic dealer. All work done in-house. Send us your regs via UPS.
Larry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom