how many tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 steel 130s 5 80s al

I have a set of double LP 108'S and a set of LP95'S 2AL 80's and a argon . So thats a total of 7 for now.

I have 10 tanks 63's. Dont need doubles. I can max out my time they with them. As for shop hours I can make them with no problems. DA's shop must not work around the clock to make his hours. Heh, everyone need time off even shop owners. Good thing he broughth his on. Now he can spend hours filling instead of a few minutes when his shop has time. My shop takes care of me!!!

I had 6 steel 72's for many years, and lived aways from any LDS to get them filled . A couple original hydros were 1960. I sold them when we moved and now have a pair of HP100's. Being close to were I can get them filled works out good. If I need more tanks, not very often, I pickup a rental when getting them filled. But I would say two are nice to have. A lot of our one day trips we will use two tanks.

I get the chance to dive an average of one tank per week shore diving during the Spring and Summer months. I didn't like having to run to the shop after a dive to get a refill for the following week so I bought another al80. I now carry two "just in case" I want to do a two tank dive.
Someone was getting out of diving so I got what I considered a good deal on a couple of more so I now own 4 -al80's.
They are nice to have but I really only needed the two. With every added tank you add on inspection fees unless you are certified as others have mentioned.
My recommendation to you is to own two tanks either new or used. Renting to me is throwing money out the window. Plus you need to make a return trip to the LDS to drop it off after the dive.
Do your research on aluminum vs. steel and don't jump into buying aluminum simply because they are lower in price. I personally dive aluminum 80's but they do have some characteristics that a lot of divers find unfavorable.

Good luck!
Bob

2 HP steel 120 5 HP steel 100 3 HP steel 80 1 LP steel 72 1 Alum. 100 8 Alum. 80 1 Alum. 30 1 Alum. 19 And 2 spare-air's

double HP steel 100's, 2 steel 108's, 1 aluminum 30

I have two steel HP 130.
I plan to buy two more to dive doubles.
Also i'll be buying an aluminium 40.
I want to have it with me on dive trips, filled with 100% O2, in case of an emergency.

2 Steel 104's with H-valves
double steel 130's
double steel 100's
1 al40 for O2
1 al40 for Nitrox
1 al13 for air/argon
2 al80's for the wife
2 steel 120's there my son's, but possesion is 9/10's, right :wink:

I need one more steel tank with an H-valve. The shop I work with does a lot of 3 tank trips.
I am PSI certified and do my own Visual Inspections and O2 cleaning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom