How many regulators do you own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

....hmmm, The Master dives with a slung pony. By my reckoning, you are short 11 second stages. Better start bidding now before the prices go up.

Brrrr - It's too cold to go out in the garage and in the truck to count them.

Off hand I'd guess 10 with 7 fully functioning.

Sherwood Oasis
Sherwood Oasis (newer, but I like older better)
Sherwood Maximus
AquaLung Titus (on Pony)
3 AquaLung Conshelfs
3 AquaLung Conshelfs - need rebuilding

Im just curious whats the advantage of having so many regulators? i could see haveing a spare if yours malfuctions buts hearing people with a dozen plus just seems werid.

Im just curious whats the advantage of having so many regulators? i could see haveing a spare if yours malfuctions buts hearing people with a dozen plus just seems werid.

People who have been divers for many years often wind up with many regulators. Technology and requirements change, different types of diving are undertaken. Tech diving for example, between stages and doubles and spares, it is easy to have a half dozen or more for that undertaking. Since most regulators have little residual value, often the older one is just tossed in the closet when a new one is purchased. Do that a few times and again you can have built quite a collection. Which brings up the final consideration, some people simply collect them for no good reason other than they want to. As I said, I am often given, free, perfectly good regulators that otherwise might be thrown away.

N

It is a sickness. There is no rational excuse for it. But once you get to where you can service them yourself, they can be so cheap it is hard to stop. I am a regaholic and I need help. I bought one last week that I really needed (not). I swore that was it.

But I just checked ebay for one I have my eye on. Help me.

BTW, I bought 3 Scubapro metal 2nds for $15 including shipping. All have been restored and are diveable. Some are just too hard to resist.

Scubapro MK 16 with S550
Scubapro MK 17 with S555
Scubapro MK 25 with S600

HOG D1 1st with 2 D1 seconds

I feel another D1 in my near future for the doubles setup

Weird? Excessive? Pointless? What do you think hobbies are about, anyway? :D

I think we all need professional help.
Can we start a group therapy ASAP?

Acquiring the scratchings and splashings of some flea bitten unhygienic
psychosis induced dude, on canvas, is probably a far wiser investment

however

manufacturer excluded free parts for your life capability is far more appealing.

Back
Top Bottom