How many regulators do you own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Ex would ask how many regulators I needed. I never had that answer. So I am curious as to how many others have and your favorite of them. I have 7 and my favorite that I use is my T2x. But I do have a Black Pearl in the box and just cant bring myself to use it...YET.. someday I will.

You can never have too many regulators.... That is until your wife sees them all at the same time :eek: ....

And asks, when did you get all of these???!!!

I've since learned to only have one set out on the kitchen table for servicing at a time.... :D

I have just the seven. I have a couple that my wife doesn't know about, but I suspect when they grown older and I have to interact with them more, she will find out eventually.

What's wrong with you guys?

My wife won't dare confront me about my scuba hobby.
All I have to do is point out her Macy's, dermstore, and Ugg bill to start with, and all the clothes, jewelry and shoes she has.

We're not anywhere close to even.

-Zeagle DSV(DIN)/HOG D2 2nd stage/ScubaPro R295 octo :)

-ScubaPro MK17(DIN)/G250V

-ScubaPro MK25(DIN)/A700

Good day!

Last edited:
Sell some of your lot. When you do, mention it to your better half. Look Dear, I just made $75 on . Look Dear, I just made $125 on eBay selling these old regulators I fixed up. Look Dear....I bought this junk on eBay for $5, rebuilt it and made $70. If she ever discovers your stash...."uh, why yes Dear, you know that's my hobby; buying junk, fixing it up and re-selling it. Why it's more than payed for itself a few times over!"

I've only been married two times so far.

I've been doing exactly that, making a big to-do about selling off my other scuba stuff. Unfortunately, since I'm getting a double-hose reg, she's bound to notice the difference from the rest of the other regs :p

Well, I think between the two of us, we're up to about 30 right now -- but that's because we're switching the herd to all HOG, and we bought the new ones and haven't sold any of the old ones yet!

Well, I think between the two of us, we're up to about 30 right now -- but that's because we're switching the herd to all HOG, and we bought the new ones and haven't sold any of the old ones yet!

Some form of "folie a deux" .... (Leaned that from the X-Files) :D

Lynne, I hope you get a handful of kits and join us in the DIY section. By the way, Spring & early Summer brings the best prices.

Last edited:
8 first stages
10 second stages

Would like to sell my Mares regulator set

Owned way too many but kept one of my oldest.

Mares MR12 Navy
Sherwood Oasis
Mares V16 Voltrex
Mares V32 Proton
Mares LE Metal Proton
US Divers Micra

I only have the LE Metal Proton and the Micra regulator as of now. Planning on selling the Mares Proton soon. The Micra, which I have owned for over ten years, remains my favorite in terms of performance and ergonomics. AquaLung better keep making service parts!!

C.

Last edited:
I am tempted to report this thread to a mod. It is likely to cause nothing but problems and needs to be removed.

She is out so I decided to try a count. I found 23 1st stages and 33 2nd stages. So already the problems are starting. This count reflects a rather severe imbalance in the very seam of nature and may take swift and decisive action to correct. And, somehow, I keep thinking I might have missed a few.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom