How many of you smoke?

do you smoke?

• I smoke

Votes: 73 21.3%
  • I don't smoke

Votes: 269 78.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I once had a bird that smoked camels!
:jester:
Aquamore

Like so many before me it took me joining the military to really start smoking when I was 19. I am 21 now and still able to perform well because of my age. However smoking has had an effect on me even so shortly after I started. I am not able to perform the 10 1/2 minute two mile like i could back in the day for my PT Test. It is also hard to keep my swimming endurance. I have set a date, July 5, to make a conscience effort to quit before I get in too deep, but I know it will be hard. Let me know how some of the aides work. I am thinking about the gum...

Smoking Sucks but for some reason I still do it.

JD

I quit last Wednesday after smoking for 10 years - had one of those bad days when breathing wasn't as fun as it usually is (I've heard it called "smoker's asthma") and had to do pool time while sucking for air. I'd rather quit and be able to enjoy my time underwater (plus save the $4+ a day for scuba toys :D ) than to feel like I did in the water that night. Went out after class, bought a box of patches, smoked the last of my pack and then slapped a patch on - haven't looked back.

I've found that quitting this time has been much easier than previous attempts - I actually have a reason to quit that motivates me (that statement will be a mystery to non-smokers, but smokers will understand it)

Wish me luck! <crosses fingers>

JDM - quit while you can, the longer you go, the harder it will be + you are young, it won't take as long for your lungs to get back to something approaching normal. Good luck on the 5th!

I saved alot of money when i gave it up. Now i spend a little on beer and most of it on Scuba stuff..... Isn't life great when you can breath......:wink:

The best thing is this new advertising which tells kids don't ever think about .

I do smoke.I have cut way down from one pack a day to 4 or 5 cigs a day.Funny thing though...I have great air consumption.I figurged that smoking would actually increase that but for me it didn`t.It won`t be long;I`ll be thru with them for good!:mean:

I'll smoke a good cuban stogie when I can get one, but I dont get to Canada very often and thats the nearest place I know of to get them. :smoking:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom