How many of you smoke?

do you smoke?

• I smoke

Votes: 73 21.3%
  • I don't smoke

Votes: 269 78.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The reason a lot of us non-smokers don't care to "deal with" your habit is that you can't do it publicly without forcing us to enjoy it with you. Know anybody who dips snuff? What if when they pulled out the can and packed a wad of Skoal in the side of their face, they offered you some, and you HAD to take it? You don't have to take much, but you've gotta take some. Hmmm? How's it feel?

You can substitute whatever revolting consumptive product you choose in the hypothetical.

Smoking is the same thing.

I tried smoking briefly during my first year of college/last bit of high school. Seemed like since everyone was doing it, it must be pretty good...not the case. I never saw the point in it, nasty habit...not to mention expensive. Never saw the point in paying good money for something you were just going to set on fire. I think I've smoked maybe a pack in my entire lifetime. This was before I started diving so, no harm done.

It's bad for your lungs, makes you cough, makes you smell like an ash tray and eventually kills you. I've had relatives die from lung cancer so, that's another deterent for me.

I told one of my University students that if I saw them smoking on their OW dives, they failed the semester. Perhaps this and the various lectures given will help them kick the habit.

Back
Top Bottom