How many of you smoke?

do you smoke?

• I smoke

Votes: 73 21.3%
  • I don't smoke

Votes: 269 78.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nup i dont smoke... no reason to start... although my dive buddy smokes and did doesnt seem to affect air consumption wrt mine... although he said that when he is diving he tends to smoke more and puts it down to having his lungs cleared out with breathing under pressure.

Smoked in high school, then quit. None in college. Then, got assigned to midnight shift, started again...for 6 years.

Tried hypnotism, was cool that it seemed like 20 minutes but was actually 120, but didn't work.

Tried acupuncture, hurt like hell!, thought about smoking the whole way home, didn't work.

Then, when I began testing for police departments, I realized I couldn't meet the timed run requirements.

Quit cold that day, never had one since, 8 years ago.

p.s. Saved so much money too, that I paid off my truck a year early with my savings!

I won't let the smokes get me again!

Dear Diary

I smoked 100 cigarettes A DAY in high school, then I lost one lung, so I cut my smoking in half.

50 a day in college then, got assigned to 'midnight smoke divers' and noticed that my air consumptionand SBR had not halfed so I went back to 100 a day. I can't understand it my air consumption and SBR went up again. Anyone explain this strange anomaly to a simle diver/smoker?

Tried hypnotism, was cool (I was on an ice dive at the time), that seemed like 20 minutes but was actually 1200 seconds It didn't work but whenever anyone clicks there fingers, I now lay an egg.

Tried acupuncture, hurt like hell, used lit cigarettes instead of pins, thought about smoking the whole way home, didn't work.

Then, when I began testing for police departments, I realized I couldn't meet the timed run requirements,
p.s.gave up smoking and with the money I saved on cigarettes, I bought a second hand, (or second chest?), lung and my air consumption and SBR have actually dropped now.

I won't let the smokes get me again!

Anyone know a good way to get Skol Bandit Chewin' Tobacco blockages removed from DV's, and regulators?

:jester:
Aquamore

Started smoking at 13. Smoked everyday (among plenty of other things). Quit occasionally at around 21. 22. 23. etc.

Now I smoke one every couple of days or when I drink. I'm actually thinking about giving up the alcohol for awhile now that I have funner things to do.

On the good news side of things, I'm a hell of a lot healthier (due to quitting substances, changing my diet, and regularly excercising) than when I was ia teenager(I'm 27 now)!

I wonder what effect 4 smokes a week does? Probably a lot...

I am a smoker (4-5 a day) and I exercise regularly. I also drink occasionally on the weekends. So far, I have no problems with smoking and drinking and still be a diver. The most important thing is to exercise regularly.

My mother-in-law smoked only a few a day until she had to have multiple angioplasty.

My father smoked a pack a day until he had to have by-pass surgery.

Both of their Doctors indicated that smoking was the #1 contributor to their needing heart surgery.

I believe you, Starfish. I've never met a person who needed either coronary angioplasty or a bypass that wasn't either a smoker or married to one, or both. My dad stopped smoking completely after his coronary angioplasty. My brother and sister both still smoke, though. Maybe because they left home sooner than I did and didn't see the pile of meds...the blood pressure meds and the blood thinners, among other things...on the dining room table every morning and night?

Back
Top Bottom