How many of you smoke?

do you smoke?

• I smoke

Votes: 73 21.3%
  • I don't smoke

Votes: 269 78.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reguardless of the reason to start, I'm impressed with the number of smokers here who have stopped.

That's very encouraging.

The last time I smoked was on a dive at Cayman Brac, there were a bunch of Italian divers who were standing on the coral, you could see me smoke, and you could see my wife smoke, they should take peoples C-card away for those kind of offenses!!!

Don't usually smoke,
Caymaniac

39 years and have never had one!! Not planning to start now. Least favorite memories are of mom, brushing out my looong hair, blowing smoke in my face and breathing coffee breath in the morning! So much for a happy childhood. Like many in this thread, growing up around it really turned me off.

I abhor sitting in a fine reastuarant and having someone blowing contaminants in my food!! When asked if I mind someone smoking, I have been known to ask if they would mind if I injected them with cyanide and embalming fluid. They usually only ask once.

I applaud states that prohibit smoking in public places. I appreciate the fact that nicotine is addictive, but I don't feel like shortening my own life expectancy to support your addiction.

A little extreme? Maybe, but I have lost friends and family to the ill effects. My father in law CONTINUED to smoke after losing one lung. It finally got him, it was long, ugly and painful. I am amazed when I walk up to the front of a hospital (I work in healthcare) and see all the patients, out front, lighting up. Many of whom are in for cardiac, pulmonary and cancer treatments due to their addiction...

As for the message that smoking isn't healthy, I believe the first warnings were issued in the 1700's by one of the British monarchy - history buffs help me out here.

Jersey once bubbled...
........ I am amazed when I walk up to the front of a hospital (I work in healthcare) and see all the patients, out front, lighting up................

Don't single out the patients! I've seen doctors, nurses, and technicians too.

Aha... a new business venture for me! I will have to sit down and develop a second stage regulator that you can smoke underwater with for all you smokers. Or maybe a pony bottle that would mix in the carbon monoxide & nicotine kind of like a nitrox mix... :wink: I'll be RICH I tell ya RICH!!!! BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAAH!!!:eek:ut:

When I posted this 21% of divers admitted they smoked, which suggests that far more actually do. A sad statistic.

(Frankly, I am surprised anyone can smoke while diving! Where do they put the cigarette? I suppose it is possible with a full face mask!)

:jester:

You have got to be kidding!
Like Tholt576, We burried my father, due to lung cancer, 4 years ago.
He smoked for 40 years, right up until he died.
He retired at 65, and died at 67, and he too, carried an O2 bottle around with him for his last 6 months.
Think about it?

Mike D

:blfish: I do not smoke but many of my friends do and they all say that they wish they had never started. Smoking is a nasty habit and I do not understand why people would want to start.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom