Question How many messages have you posted on SB as a multiple of your total lifetime dive count?

User SB Messages / Total User Scuba Dives?

• 12,500 times +

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • >= 1,000 times < 12,500 times

• >= 125 times < 1,000 times

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the average so far is pretty close to 1 so there may be no dichotomy
A lot of answers (me included) are in 1.5-15 range.
It is a too wide class, considering how narrow instead are the previous classes which got no or few answers).
This results in skewed statistical analysis...

So here is a quick question for @Heat Miser. How would you rank the following hypothetical divers in terms of their qualifications for making meaningful contributions to scuba discussions?

Diver A: Diving for 3 months. 12 dives. 3 posts. 4/1 dive to post ratio​
Diver B: Diving for 30 years. 100 dives. 50 posts. 2/1 dive to post ratio.​
Diver C: Diving for one year. 20 dives. 20 posts. 1/1 dive to post ratio.​
Diver D: Diving for 6 years. 300 dives. 300 posts: 1/1 dive to post ratio.​
Diver E: Diving for 25 years. 2,000 dives. 30,000 posts. 1/15 dive to post ratio.​
I'm guessing you think Diver A would be the most valuable voice. Would that be right?
I dont have any pre-conceived views on any of them.

The term tragic in my post was complimentary sarcasm.

The band widths are little hard to speculate on prior to seeing the results, I thought there would be a few newbs lower and a few long termers way higher, hence the top teir. I did think the distribution would be barbell (bi-modal) because of the hypthetical you have posted.

I don't know my ratio, but I do know that you, my dear readers, wait with bated breath for my posts.

You're welcome.

The metric of posts/year is somewhat meaningful.
Dives/year is meaningful in a different way.
However, the ratio of these two (posts/dives) is really not helpful.
Someone mentioned posts/reactions ratio - well, the reactions are not always positive :)

With all due respect,

In Australian slang, a "tragic" is someone whose interest in a particular sport or activity is so strong that other people find it strange or silly. I should also explain that to say something is "cactus" means it's not functioning or it's ruined.​

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom