• 500 - 1000 - I'm a diving guru

Votes: 55 8.0%
  • 1000+ I taught Cousteau

Votes: 25 3.6%
  • 2000+ Cousteau, that whipper snapper

Votes: 7 1.0%
  • 3000+ I dived with the dinosaurs

Votes: 18 2.6%
  • 0 - I don't have any idea how many dives I've made.

Votes: 3 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have about 2500 logged dives.

I don't log training dives or dive were i am teaching, I only log fun dives

I haven't logged training dives in 4 yrs. but when I did I would have all the students sign those log pages. I might start doing that again this yr.

I haven't been diving for a full year yet but I have already logged 80 dives, about 15 night dives and at least 35 of them are between 60' and 130'. Almost everything is frozen solid right now but a couple of us dive the Niagara River all year long. The coldest temp. this year was 23 degrees. I can't wait until the ice is off the lakes so we can start using the charters again.
I won't log a pool dive either, only open water, if that was the case I would have another 50 dives easily.

15 dives (10 lake, 5 blue water) but only got certified in September. So far I have logged all my dives, and listed as much info as I could. Also have a Suunto Mosquito, so I print out the graphs on each dive as well .... it has helped me realize I was see-sawing a bit on some of my dives - overcompensating on my buoyancy ..... didn't want to be one of those crash & destroy newbies!! (although the "crash & destroy" diver on my Belize dive was a big mouthed braggert with tons of specialized equipment who spent his time in the boat hurling, and his time in the water battering the reef ..... As per my DM, I did quite well! )

Anyway, I think it will be fun to look back in a few years and see what I thought of all these beginning dives ....
:)

If I gear up, get wet, go under, fart around, train, whatever, surface, it's a "dive" and gets logged, along with the bottom time and max depth, be it pool, lake, ocean or hottub (joking about the hottub) I'm an anal person when it comes to logs. If I didn't log it, it didn't happen. Goes along with my job ethic "If it wasn't written down, it didn't happen". Works for me.

-Dennis
So. Cal.

12....or 13 (can't remember, keep my logbook in my car and don't fel like going ALL THE WAY to my car right now)
But considering I got certified in February I don't think it's that bad.
I think I'm gonna be one of those that will always log my dives. (I don't count confined water)

Back
Top Bottom