How Many Florida Divers Are On Here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for demographics. Like you I will always be a Floridian! I miss my state of birth sooo much. If only they had jobs that paid real money!

8buck,

I am not in Florida but I dive FL, does that count? That would make me a Florida diver. Right? LOL :wink: R

Yes maam you can dive here ANYTIME but i was just wondering whoo all lived in florida because wendy put together dive trips and some people do not feel like driving all over florida so i was thinking of letting you divers find a place in the middle so to speak... nice meeting you at ginnie

Ginnie Springs is always a good bet for diving, camping, general get togethers. It sucks that it's 30 bucks to dive, PLUS camping fees, but it's nice for a weekend getaway!

I just looked at the Ginne Site and it says 16 bucks PER PERSON per night!??
So for me and y wife in a campsite is 32 bucks?! for a single night?

Last time I looked BILLB,they had outlawed confederate scrip and were paying in US currency.I think it has a lot to do with your industry as to compensation.I compare to family ,friends and my stints in other states to believe I'm doing just fine.No state tax,lo millage rates on property taxes,lowest utility rates in the states,relatively lo sales taxes,lo intangibles tax,lo corporate taxes and fees,add this to lower travel costs due to proximity of attractions,resident discounts on liscense and attractions.Little need for accomodations(BTW thanx for paying a bedtax)Lo cost of housing and high appreciation.I work an avg of 20.5 hrs a week over the course of a year and dive/fish and go to parks 3 months or more per year.I LOVE FLORIDA.Not bad for 40 yr old kid from Texas who moved here in '85 with the USN and stayed.Blue water,warm rain,little if any snow,beautiful tan women,convertibles,palm trees ,orange orchards perfuming the night air,bugs(lobster) the size of footballs,fish waiting to be caught,did I mention 3 good college and 2 good pro football teams.Well I might have missed something ....oh yeah about 200 dives a year here.

I made a quickie trip to JAX about 3 weeks ago. I had an afternoon flight back to Philly but I managed to get on my brother in law's boat and cruise up the inter-coastal to Fernadina and back. Nice trip, and got some white sand between my toes.

Good luck to you in Florida 100-days-a- year. If my wife would only quit her job, I would be back on a moment notice.

I built this list of the respondents to allow me to give a quick yell to divers in the local areas in case I'm headed out into their back yards. Though I'd Share

-----------------------------------------------------------
North-East
-----------------------------
Virus]FSLR2[ - St. Augustine
PhishSchticks - Jacksonville
BillB - Jacksonville
phree337 - Jacksonville
JessicaDodge -
100Days-a-year - Jacksonville
BlueWaterDiving - Daytona Beach

North-West
USAF Diver - Patrick AFB
Stone - Valparaiso

North-Central
DeepSeaWolf - Gainesville
ManEater - Gainesville
HarleyDiver - Madison
_Kurt_ - Trenton (not NJ, Gainesville area)

Central East
FLArmyBrat - Melbourne
cudachaser - Cocoa Beach
TropicalDiver - Indian Harbour Beach
Zerogravity - Melbourne

Central West
8Buck - Brooksville
pipedope - Homosassa
munkispank - Tampa
Knavey + Wife Cindy - Tampa
cdiver2 + Wife - Largo
Bob - Lakeland
Niko714 - Tampa
ChrisF - Palm Harbor

Central (Orlando area)
pdoege - Orlando
Below H2O - Orlando
metaldector - Longwood
aihfl - Winter Park
finaddicted - Orlando
Drifter - Orlando

South-East
scuba_jenny
BIGSAGE136 - Ft. Liquerdale
deepstops - Ft. Lauderdale
MikeJacobs - Ft. Lauderdale
CAPT HOOK - Lake Worth
zuzanne + Husband - Deerfield Beach
darkmood3d - Ft. Lauderdale

South-West
CBulla - Ft. Myers
KBulla - Ft. Myers
Jonnyreb - Bonita Springs
Reefguy - Punta Gorda
Wildbill - Port Charlotte
luvdiving - Bonita Springs (But in Baghdad for a while)
AquaDog - Ft. Myers

South
DennisS -
Padipro -
FLL Diver -

Non Floridian Florida Divers (My Grandmother used to say anything north of Bayard is a darn yankee :) )
seaangel - Martinez, Ga (WPB Diver)
adder70 - Richmond Va (Gainesville)
SeaJay - SC
RavenC - SC

-=V=-

You have me in the right category, I am in Hollywood, and you can add all the ones that are in the South category to the South East Category. Now we have to get the rest of the Florida divers to put themselves in a category. I don't see Walter, Showboat, Amber, Fgray1, Medical (?), Debray, Wendy, NetDoc...(assuming because they have not responded to this thread)

Good job. Now if we can get email addresses (especially if the board goes down again) so when in that neck of the woods, buddies can be found.
That being said, if you want my email address, PM me.

Not to be picky especially since I am not nor do I know USAF Diver, but Patrick AFB should be listed as Central East. It is just south of Cocoa Beach.

Thanks Virus for the comprehensive list. Great Idea. And the thought about getting e-mails, especially of those in a given area that you may frequent is also a great idea!

Laurel- The Frog Queen
:royal:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom