How Many Florida Divers Are On Here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was born in West Palm Beach, raised in Port St. Lucie, and got certified and live in Miami. I saw a lot of people from Ft. Lauderdale but didn't see any from Miami.

You can put me down for Ft. Lauderdale there Virus. Hopefully I'll have my boat in the water soon and maybe a few of us can get together for a cheap boat dive down here. It still has a few mechanical problems, like a major water leak in the engine compartment, but I should have that fixed soon.

Anyone know someone here in the FLL area with a very large engine hoist? LOL

Scott

PadiPro,

I'd like to go ahead and make a reservation for 2 for when the boat is in the water!!!!:wink:

Laurel- The Frog Queen
:royal:

Ok I'll add another one to the list :)

Grew up in Forest Hills, NY and living in Miami since '87 :mean:

Not a problem. It could still be a while though. I don't think the water leak is going to be a big deal in itself but I have to pull the engine to get to the area and that is a big deal. Besides the fact the Silly Season is coming up real fast so time and money may need to be spent elswhere for a while.

I'll keep you in mind for when it's finally saeworthy.

Scott

FLArmyBrat once bubbled...
PadiPro,

I'd like to go ahead and make a reservation for 2 for when the boat is in the water!!!!:wink:

Laurel- The Frog Queen
:royal:

hey Scott
Don't forget us down here also. I do recall hearing you were hoping to have that boat in the water 2 months ago ( I'm not rubbing a sore spot, am I ? )...

Si usted vive en Miami, responda por favor

Maybe that'll get a few more <giggle>

Sorry for the sarcasm, and the very poor spanish

-=V=-

That was Spanish? I thought it was a middle dialect of upper western mongolian prefecture... shows what I KNOW!!!
:)

The only sore spot is in my wallet. LOL

From what my Father-in-law told me when he GAVE me the boat, all it needed was an outdrive and some minor maintenance. So far I've spent 8 months and about $2000 working on the darn thing and it's still not ready. I have to pull the outdrive, for the third time, and the engine, for the second time, to even get to the area I need to work on before I can even tell what's wrong with it.

The one good thing is that by the time I'm through "Rebuilding" the thing I'll know every inch of it and nearly everything will be new or at least rebuilt.

I'll let all of you know as soon as I get it in the water. It'll be a blast to get a few of us together for a cheap boat dive. Just remember, I work nights and weekends so it's going to have to be during the week. Sorry.

Scott

scuba_jenny once bubbled...
hey Scott
Don't forget us down here also. I do recall hearing you were hoping to have that boat in the water 2 months ago ( I'm not rubbing a sore spot, am I ? )...

See if you can get on Shipshape TV.
John will get you fixed right up, ... if you can afford the bill. :D

Cool show but not much money saving shown there.

I could help with the boat but Homosassa is a long way from Miami.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom