• 100-200

Votes: 66 21.0%
  • 200-400

Votes: 19 6.0%
  • 400+

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got in 46 dives this year living in landlocked Calgary. A trip to Cozumel and 3 trips to Vancouver Island's amazing dive sites filled out the year.

Best dive of the year had to have been Boscowitz Rock in Porlier Pass - an amazing wall COVERED in life, a drift dive with the tidal exchange and a playful sea lion. Water temperature - 46F, air temp - 40F - I discovered the lower limit for my wet suit comfort!!

Still better than COZ.

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 60-80, I'm hoping to get another 5 or 6 in but we'll see. I was hoping for 100+ but work and the weather were against me, oh well...

132 dives this year. Mostly local around Boston with a few Cozumel trips and a long weekend in St Lawrence River.

Not too shabby this year. I usually seem to average ~100 so this has been a good year.

107 for me. A great year.

Started April 10, sunny day in the high 70s outside, 40s in Whitestar Quarry. Dived with NWOhio diver and DaveTowz. Memorable day. Stupidly cold water.

Dived in Coz for a week with Pelagic by Nature. And he is still talking to me.

Ohio dives with Jendra and the Indy Dive Club and GLWC.

Ended up diving in Dec at Troy Spring in Fla. with another diver I met thru SB.

I consider myself very fortunate for the dives I made and the friends I have met. Priceless.

Turns out it not simply a number but your perception. Not enough dives as far as I am concerned, too many as far as my wife is concerned.

50 warm water dives all with my wife on vacation.

This is a fun thread, although I feel a bit like an impostor posting in the Advanced Scuba Discussions section :looks furtively over shoulder:

I just counted up and.... only 26 dives this year (vs. 64 last year). I don't have any local diving and so most of my dives are made on 2 dive trips per year to Florida where I meet up with a buddy. This year said buddy was not able to make the "holiday" dive trip, hence the much lower dive count this year, and why I'm posting right now instead of diving. :sad:

That said, I did have some fun dives this year. Notably, my buddy and I made our first "independent" wreck dive, and also I did my first ever dive of longer than the usual 50 minutes of a boat dive, which was around 2.5 hours in a spring. Wow, that was great! I think I'm in love with springs :)

I saw a few new-to-me reef critters in 2011:

- Porcupine fish

- Juvenile Spotted drum (You know how you look in a fish or bird book and see one particular fish/bird that just catches your fancy and you really want to see one but for the longest time you don't? For me this was the Juvenile Spotted drum. I saw lots of different fishes while snorkeling in the tropics prior to learning to dive but never a JSD. Then when I first started diving I had one JSD pointed out to me by a dive guide, but had never found one on my own until this year, when I saw FIVE at different times.) (Still haven't seen the Painted bunting from the bird book :wink:)

- Spotted drum

- Teeny-tiny baby trunkfish (size of fingernail)

- Copper sweepers (may have seen before but not recognized)

- Yellow stingray

- Flatworm (unidentified)

- Arrow crab

- Yellow trumpetfish (not sure if this is a separate type or just a color variation from usual Trumpetfish)

Blue Sparkle

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom