Trip Report Diving Jardines de la Reina in 4-11 June 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Wookie just confirmed me the boat that I saw parked in Jardines de la Reina mangrove bay, where JA3 moored too, was the old Spree. I was on that boat in June 2007, 15 years ago, when we were in Dry Tortugas. How time flies.

IMG_5413.jpeg

Great writeup Dan! Is it possible to get a boat to dive La Jardin area for a couple days without the big stay on the live aboard? or are they the only ones licensed to take divers there.

Reactions: Dan
Great writeup Dan! Is it possible to get a boat to dive La Jardin area for a couple days without the big stay on the live aboard? or are they the only ones licensed to take divers there.

Thanks!

I don’t know about that shorter visit. @Wookie do you know if there is a shorter visit to Jardines de la Reina?

Dan, thanks again for this report. We're two weeks out from JA3, and I've referred to it a lot over the months. Query, was the customs process (in both Cuba and return to CONUS) uncomplicated?

p.s., to Evcam--I don't think there is any way to do a non-Avalon dive trip, but I'll inquire and report back at the end of the month. (Even if it was possible, it's a full day from Havana each way)

Query, was the customs process (in both Cuba and return to CONUS) uncomplicated?
It was easy. Fill out the form provided by them. My assignment there was counting fish and I chose counting Lionfish, which were killed by DM & fed them to the Grey Reef Sharks. The sharks like eating the Lionfish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom