• 100-200

Votes: 66 21.0%
  • 200-400

Votes: 19 6.0%
  • 400+

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Year's not over yet... :) but will not break 100. Still, an awesome year of diving.

1..... Trying to get back at this after 8 years.... hopefully getting my daughter trained this winter will change that...

All a matter of priorities!

Indeed; hope your Mom's doing well. Our family excitement included my wife being hospitalized twice (all's doing pretty well) which messed up plans.

The rest of the time off from work that we did have got reprioritized into other interests: I ended up having more hours in Italian & German art museums (plus the Vatican, various gothic & baroque churches, plus liberal quaffing of Glühwein in Christmas Markets) than hours of bottom time. In balance, all diving and no other interests "...makes Jack a dull boy."

Every year the same: less then I wanted.

A pretty typical observation, which does raise an interesting follow-on question of its own: for those of us still working and assuming that we could retire from our day job tomorrow without concern, how many dives per year does one think would be the "Just Right" number?

For myself, I don't think it would be over 200. There's tons of other stuff on Life's Bucket List ... and the list never seems to get shorter!

-hh

Between helping DM classes, fun diving and personal training, I logged 107 since January this year. I still have about 10 dives planned this Friday-Sunday, so here's to hoping I hit 117. While holding down a normal day job, it really puts things into perspective as to what kind of dedication and focus you have to have to break the century mark each year. Man am I tired after this year. LOL!

I am jealous of you divers with 100+. I made 51 with the possibility of one or two more on Saturday. Anything over 50 is a good year for me. I trust 2012 is a better year for all of us:)

I look at it as long as I am diving and returning and my entries are the same number as my exits, life is good! I am very grateful for each and every dive and cherish each one as special in it's own way. The one thing I never want to happen is me losing the excitement and wonder of life beneath the waves. We are the future of diving and ambassadors to the above world. It is our love of the ocean that can teach our non diving brethren the importance of saving the ocean....

93 dives. Pretty happy about that number. Got to take the courses that I wanted and visit new places. Looking at starting my 2012 dive season in Bonaire mid-February for two weeks, then dive Key Largo in July and some other exotic location in the fall/winter in addition to the local dives.

I only hit 29 this season...better than last year with 22....what messed me up was bad weather when I was in the Keys in 2010, and not being able to go to the Keys in 2011....next years goal is to double that!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom