• 100-200

Votes: 66 21.0%
  • 200-400

Votes: 19 6.0%
  • 400+

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shcubasteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I will have made 136 dives this year ranging from 7'-167'. Best dive of the year was with the whaleshark encounter off Palm Beach on June 26th. Got to spend a whole hour with it. Worst dive was the F-ing jellyfish invasion on August 29th. Water was 86 degrees, who needs a wetsuit right?- dropped in with a T-SHIRT and baggies with no jellies around and surfaced 45 minutes later into an an impenetrable pink electrified acidbath of death tentacles. As the boat comes to pick us up, the propwash shreds the jellies into MILLIONS of pieces and totally covered anyone without a wetsuit- could have sold vinegar for $100 a bottle. I took a vow to never dive with out a wetsuit agian.

Attachments

• PICT0172.jpg
    PICT0172.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 138
  • PICT0037.jpg
    PICT0037.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 142
Several firsts in 2011 to include: Diving the Vandenberg, Solo Certification, Drysuit Certification and Deepest dive to date (130') and to top it off, a dive on New Years Eve where we will go into the water in 2011 and surface in 2012.

28 dives this year. I was hoping for double that but things happen, such is life. I'll just have to dive more next year to make up for it. :)

17 for me, didn't quite make the 20 I wanted :(

58. My best so far. I'd do more, but am buddy-less at present, and the shallow shore dives I do solo here in N.S. don't really warrent more than once each place each Spring and Fall. Same old thing. Hope to start 2012 out with some Gulf of Mex. diving Jan.-March--MS, AL, etc. But I'll be fighting the usual snowbird's battle of lack of charters/buddies in that cold "winter" climate....

Between teaching and dives for myself (including a couple of liveaboards), managed 182 dives this year

Only 15 this year. I plan on beating that by June this year, and doubling it by the end of next year.

Did 102 and taking into account the newest member to the family arriving in march it was not bad going. I expected to a whole lot less. Thank you my wife for giving me time to do what I love.

147 dives and counting. The best one included hundreds of tuna, mahi, a silky shark, an oceanic whitetip, and a freakin blue marlin! I also got to swim with two other marlins, eight other oceanic whitetips, my first 4 humpback whales, 2 tiger sharks, and pelagic manta rays. While it has been a good year, next year is shaping up to be even better!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom