• 150 +

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • 200+

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • 400+

Votes: 4 1.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I put 50+ - yep battery died b4 I could download. I think that's a good guess since I got my IANTD Deep diver, IANTD Advanced Nitrox and Apprentice Cave all done this year.

That plus 3 trips to So Cal for 3 day boat trips and 3 trips to Monterey, 4 dives each trip.

Guess I should have put 75+

Wahooooooooooooo

I did 18 "real" dives, without considering those done in the practice pool of my scuba school.

Like String, I work in the industry so my figures are skewed somewhat but I have clocked up around 600 "real" dives - as a conservative estimate; this does not include training dives although I teach in the sea, not in a pool. Most of my work this year has been guiding rather than teaching and that's a minimum 2 dives per day, 3 for a large percentage of our boat trips and my computer has recorded somewhere in the region of 900 "immersings". Average depth about 18m/60ft, maximum depth 35 metres / 120 ft, average time probably about 55 minutes, maximum time around 80 (single tank)

For sure there are plenty of guides who do more per year than me but I think these numbers are rather meaningless in a way - it's our job, after all. I think huge kudos goes to the non-professional diver who can get even 50 dives per year. If you don't have immediate diving facilities to hand that's a lot of time and effort.

Dive safe,

C.

198 dives so far, with 4 more planned.

Deepest: 312 FSW
Longest: 168 min
Average dive time: 75 min (247:51 under water so far)
164 CCR dives (all trimix diluent); 10 O/C trimix dives
86 dives requiring more than 10 min of mandatory decompression

oh yeah! 2 more today!!!!
water temp 34*
air temp is most balmy 22*-much better than sunday!!!!!
..and i found a pefect condition 1850 circa glass flask w/american eagle embossed!!
ships anchor on reverse side-add to the antiques/junk in the house!!!!!
good to have a week off work!
have fun
yaeg

I made 35 dives in 2010 average time per dive 45 min., average depth 45fsw, average total dive time of 25 hours.

I hope you mean total average dive time - otherwise you have the lowest SAC in the universe! :wink:

167 in 2010...not bad. I would have more, but searching/buying a house/moving/etc took away a lot of weekends early in the year.

I hope you mean total average dive time - otherwise you have the lowest SAC in the universe! :wink:

i think he means total hours underwater this year...I spent almost 2 and 1/2 days under this year- schweet.

242 dives, around 200 hours, deepest 180 feet. Been trying to take it easy this year!

i think he means total hours underwater this year...I spent almost 2 and 1/2 days under this year- schweet.

That's neat when you add it up like that. An instructor friend of mine went to break the world record for the longest fresh water scuba dive and he made it 111hr 9hr short of the record. Thats 4 1/2 days under water straight.....:shocked2: The record was a solid 5

Back
Top Bottom