• 150 +

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • 200+

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • 400+

Votes: 4 1.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's neat when you add it up like that. An instructor friend of mine went to break the world record for the longest fresh water scuba dive and he made it 111hr 9hr short of the record. Thats 4 1/2 days under water straight.....:shocked2: The record was a solid 5

that would be some record to break... how deep was your friend?

Actual number: 20. My thoughts on the number: NOT ENOUGH. Deepest: 105ft. Longest was something like 55min. There were a lot of firsts for me this year, so it was a good year. I'm looking forward to next year and going for 30+ dives in 2011.

from another count thread

looks like 403
87 warmest
lo 50s coolest
worst vis 5'
best vis 100' several times
deepest 180'ish
longest around 50 minutes
North Carolina,South Carolina,Georgia,Florida
1 lionfish sting
countless hours snorkelling or freediving
No dives shallower than 80' that I recall,none in a pool.

Avg run time was 25 with avg 5 being deco exclusive of safety stops that's
134 hours dive time and 33 hours deco and some 5000 cuft of 02 if my calculator doen't lie.

Sadly, only 7 dives with a max of 111' (off the wall in St Croix). Still pretty pleased since it is our first year diving after certification.

actual, 273

Warmest- 94 *shallow dive in the keys, bloody miserable
Coldest-37
Worst Vis-2'-same shallow dive in the keys, was training in a swim canal...
Best Vis-probably 100 ish in the keys
Longest-135 mins
Dove in FL, SC, NC, VA, MA, AL

same countless hours of swimming and snorkelling, saw a Manta Ray which was probably the highlight, although I also got a buddy back in the water who can't carry his tanks in and out due to a back injury, and although was a pretty crappy few dives as far as fun goes, it was awesome to see his face light up underwater and see him excited and happy again. Diving camaraderie is huge to me, and i'd rather do a shallow murky quarry dive with one of my best friends than dive the most amazing wreck, reef, or cave with someone I didn't like...

I had an off year. I only did about 35 dives. I had some health issues early in the year which gave me a late start for one and then other things kept popping up. I hope to to 75 to 100 next year.

Not counting open water checkout dives with students, purely fun dives logged in 2010 would total: 65.

It's been a slow year but has been picking up lately with more dive trips to come in the new year.

About 112 for me (the logbook is back in the Solomons). That is almost twice what I average at "home" in Wellington - it is so much easier when the water is 30C not 12 -18C..

Alison

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom