• 150 +

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • 200+

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • 400+

Votes: 4 1.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

154 this year . . . the lowest number since I got certified. But some of them were a whole lot longer -- most of my cave dives were between 90 and 140 minutes this year, as opposed to 30 to 60 the last couple of years. That's what Full Cave will do for you!

Deepest dive this year was 160. Longest was 140. Warmest about 80 off Akumal, and coldest 43 in Browning Pass. Best viz was, as always, in the caves; but in open water, the very best viz I saw this year was probably a dive we did in September in our local mudhole, where I swear the viz was 100 pale green feet.

Highlight of the year were Browning Wall (which is as fabulous as the articles say it is); a site I think was called Ed's Wall off Monterey, where we did the long fall to 160, and then cruised incredible topography in clear, cold water, among hundreds of rockfish (thank you, KMD!); doing the bomber in Lake Washington, which was a rite of passage; doing the Blue Abyss line in Mexico, which gave me goosebumps; watching a Giant Pacific Octopus trying to simultaneously remove a good friend's mask AND regulator in Hood Canal; and last but not least, spending 20 minutes watching octopus eggs hatch, and the tiny octopuslets striving mightily to swim UP into the water column, like tiny underwater fireflies doing the samba.

It was a good year.

169. Pretty happy as I got a lot in! Was almost 170 (round numbers are nice) but dive 169 did not go well so that will be it for me until the new year!

54 dives - not too bad considering we have to travel to dive most of the year!

Sas, hope you are OK after a dive that "did not go well!"

oops didn't realise I was on Bygolly's log in - its Acanthurus here

Last edited:
54 dives - not too bad considering we have to travel to dive most of the year!

Sas, hope you are OK after a dive that "did not go well!"

oops didn't realise I was on Bygolly's log in - its Acanthurus here

Hey Acanthurus! Yes ok, just physically shattered, got lost at sea for three hours, will make a post about it later (as lots learned...) but right now I have a NYE party to prepare for :) Dive before that involved an aggressive shark, so basically it has been a bad week :wink:

Wd on your dives, glad I was along for some of them :)

102, mostly at home but I also made it to Palau, Hawaii and Guam. Hoping to get to Chuuk, Yap and PI next year.

185; all at Catalina Island, kind of low for me but I only dived for 6 months this year because I was driving a truck for most of the other 6 months :( I think I have 1 or 2 dives left in me for the last day of the year as long as the conditions hold up.

102 dives for me. Deepest was 108 and longest was just over an hour. That is the most amount of dives I have done in a year and I hope to do more next year. Starting 2011 off right with a New Years Dive :D

Well, I didn't finish my BOW cert until Oct. 31, but I am at 26 dives right now with 4 or five scheduled for this week up to the 31st. There are also plans to be underwater at midnight on New Year's Eve. Max depth was 97' and total bottom time is right around 20 hours as of now.

I guess I can't edit my original post anymore so here are my final numbers:

32 dives, all in Cuba.
Deepest dive: 97.38'
Ave depth: 29.17
Longest dive: 1 hour 14 minutes
Ave Dive Length: 45 minutes 36 seconds
Total Bottom Time: 24 hours 19 minutes
Warmest Dive: 87.8F
Coldest Dive: 77F

In the 8 months of 2010 that we were certified, we did 35 dives. Not many, compared to some of you. But not bad, considering we live in landlocked Colorado, where diving means a body cavity search before the plane ride. We dove Cancun, Playa del Carmen, and Curacao.

Deepest dive: 108'
Avg depth: 50'
Longest dive: 1 hour 22 minutes
Shortest dive: 3 minutes (Curacao, aborted by someone even newer than us because of current and vis - and no, it's not included in the 35. :) )
Avg dive Length: 58 minutes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom