How many dives did you have when you did AOW

How Many Dives did you have when you started your AOW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

howarde:
This is not the debate. I have learned from my experiences, and from diving with more experienced divers. I haven't learned from course materials or by "formal training"

This debate is regarding AOW as a course, and it's value. :wink:
as a matter of fact, it wasnt even about that to begin with, it was about how many dives you had when and if you took it..

And the value of the aow course will be exactly the same as the value of any other course.. totally dependant of the instructor..

Tigerman:
as a matter of fact, it wasnt even about that to begin with, it was about how many dives you had when and if you took it..

And the value of the aow course will be exactly the same as the value of any other course.. totally dependant of the instructor..
Again... that is not necessarily true.

In my case, I did my AOW purely for the ability to dive deeper wrecks like the Spiegel Grove in Key Largo without having to have a baby sitter dive with me. Most every dive OP in Key Largo requires an AOW (or higher) certification card to have this privilege of diving this and other "deep wrecks" without a DM or Guide. When I did my AOW "course", I had already dived all of the dives that are options for the PADI AOW certification. I can honestly say that I did not learn a single thing by completing my AOW certification. My instructor was and is a great instructor whom I respect greatly, and dive with several times a year. In my case, I was only paying for the card, which I got. My case is certainly not unique.

About 25. I recommend AOW and then do rescue diver. After those two, you should feel comfortable, confident and you'll be an asset to your dive buddys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom