How many divers are dog lovers/owners?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I remember. I teared up reading it. We've been in the same situation.

Boxer boxer boxer. I've been around them my entire life and they are high energy, but one of the sweetest dogs you'll ever be around. Short hair, between 50 and 70 lbs.

I have even considered boxers. In fact I just called a breeder a couple days ago, but what I heard on the phone scared the Beejeebers out of me:shocked2:. The breeder didn't even know how many puppies she had left off hand. She also mentioned that she got many "customers" from my area (I take that to mean she probably only breeds for $, not for the betterment of the breed). She's also located a little further than I'd really like to travel (about 75 miles). On top of that she's asking top dollar for these ups & they're not even registrable. Scary. I try my best to be a responsible pet owner & if I decide to breed my pets,... a responsible breeder (breed for improvement, not $).

Both our dogs came through this rescue group. When looking for a second dog we were allowed to try out potential adoptees to see if they fit our lifestyle. The first dog we tried just wasn't a good fit, she would have been great for an older couple because she was so laid back but we needed a more active dog. The second dog stayed with us for two weeks, she turned out to be a good fit so we adopted her.

Rescue groups are always looking for good foster homes for dogs, that's something else you could consider.
Ber :lilbunny:

I have even considered boxers. In fact I just called a breeder a couple days ago, but what I heard on the phone scared the Beejeebers out of me:shocked2:. The breeder didn't even know how many puppies she had left off hand. She also mentioned that she got many "customers" from my area (I take that to mean she probably only breeds for $, not for the betterment of the breed). She's also located a little further than I'd really like to travel (about 75 miles). On top of that she's asking top dollar for these ups & they're not even registrable. Scary. I try my best to be a responsible pet owner & if I decide to breed my pets,... a responsible breeder (breed for improvement, not $).

Wow - yeah I'd stay away. If you are interested in a boxer rescue there is a great one in the Indianapolis area. My last boxer came from this group and she was the best dog I've EVER had. Sure - she had some issues (all rescues seem to) but someone like you that obviously cares enough about the animal can work through those issues. The nice thing about this rescue as well is that they will interview and turn down people who aren't fitting for a boxer/rescue/animal in general. They really are trying to give these dogs a forever home. PM me if you want the contact information for them.

This is my 9 year old Jack Russel - Monty

Attachments

• DSC00028.JPG
    DSC00028.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 104-0462_IMG.jpg
    104-0462_IMG.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 14
Rescue may not be a bad idea. Although I know the general outcome of shelter animals, I'm a little shy about adopting from the local shelter here.

Three of my four fosters never made it into the shelter system. They were direct owner surrenders to our rescue.

Aloha. My lil princess' name is Gracie, but she also goes by:

Gracie Roo
Fuzzy Butt
Fuzzy lil Astronaut
Gracen
Princessa &
Hooker

Shes mommys baby and goes everywhere, except to dive at the lake on the weekends. She doesnt really like the water, getting wet or being in the sun. All she wants to do is stay indoors and in bed.

Luckily my folks watch her when I go out of town, otherwise she can stay inside for about 8 hours and be good.

Edi

Attachments

• LJ.jpg
    LJ.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Princess.jpg
    Princess.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Raar.jpg
    Raar.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited: