How many divers are dog lovers/owners?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twistedarts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
O.K. so I was wondering how many divers are dog people? Also what do you do with them when you go away on dive trips? (meaning not local). We are lucky enough to have our 23yo daughter and bf look after him.

IMNSHO, it just isn't a home without a dog. I can easily imagine not having cats someday, but I just cannot imagine not sharing our lives with dogs.

We currently have 4 adult Australian Shepherds, and 2 purebred Aussie pups still in need of their new homes (before we end up with 6 dogs permanently).

Both of our adult children are close by, and will take care of the animals when we go out of town.

Of course, there's always the idea of taking the pets scuba diving with you...

My wife and I are both dog loving divers. We have 2 Goldendoodles (Golden Retriever/Standard Poodle mix)
When we vacation we have a petsitter come to our home twice a day. In the morning she opens the doggy door and lets them out and plays with them. She stays about 1/2 a hour each visit and makes sure they have food and fresh water. (They drink out of the pool anyway) In the evening after some more play the doggy door is locked up and they get dog biscuits and then go to bed for the night. Our nephews also stop by with their parents to use the pool and play with the dogs.

We've got two Lab mixes who are absolutely water crazy :wink: They stay with my in-laws when we go on trips...actually my husband drops them off at the in-laws every day before work and picks them up afterward. I'm not saying they are spoiled but my mother-in-law takes them for a ride in the car every day :rofl2:
Ber :lilbunny:

Old numbnuts here (aka Diggs)

chomp.JPG

is 1 yr old today.

diggsstick.JPG

and he is heading to the Kennel for a 2 week stint while we go to the coast and dive.

We have 2 pugs. One tan(Beaux-Jac) and one black(Gumbo). They are both very comical and we love them dearly.
In-laws watch them when we are away.
Couple of cool dog quotes:

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
-Andy Rooney

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that
is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
-Mark Twain

Spencer

Here's a picture of our Red Sky Aussies:
Rockhounds2.jpg

Shiloh is the Red Merle on the left, and is my wife's show dog. She shows Obedience, Rally, and would like to train him for Agility. Stormy is the black-tri on the right, and is my evil little dog. She's a bit on the small side for an Aussie, but thinks she needs to be in charge of everyone. In this picture, they were playing "rockhounds" at Rockhound State Park in New Mexico.

We have a 5 year old beagle and she gets to stay with my mother-in-law when we are away. She usually lives about 40 minutes away but is with us now due to the flooding in central Indiana.

Diver and a dog person....English bulldog named Nutmeg. At 68 pounds she thinks she is a lap dog!

3 Pit Bulls. When we travel the Stepdaughter comes over to take care of them. It's OK with the dogs, they enjoy time with the grandchildren even more than I do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom